Help needed from e13 9-46 12 Speed Cassette users

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

andy4g63

by andy4g63

gSporco wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:54 pm
Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:13 pm
gSporco wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:57 pm
Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:06 pm
If sram XPLR is a thing for 2021 then it will be just the stuff I need for a new build I'm thinking about.
I hope they can get it to market soon with a reasonable price given how mad the 2021 component market is right now.
Chain Reaction had the cassette on their site a week ago, with no picture or details, but then took it off in a day or so.. I would think this month or next month would be the official launch.. As for actually getting, thats another story :cry:
I hope so. I was just about ready to buy the ratio technology 12 speed conversion but this has me on the fence. I want electric shifting for this build but was willing to go without just to get the project underway.
Its frustrating in this market, trying to build something, when you know what you want, but nothing is available.. If you have something you can use now I would wait. There will be so many options in the next 6 months.. You can go a bit budget and get Rival AXS, with EXPLR 1x setup or go a bit fancier with Force or Red. But, we just dont know when we can get this stuff.. Just think, in 2 years from now when Covid cycling craze slows down, there will be a plethora of cheap slightly used bikes and parts to to build to our hearts content..
Thanks to a guys like you and many others,
We have all this very useful information available.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andy4g63

by andy4g63

gSporco wrote:
Steve Curtis wrote:
gSporco wrote:
Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:06 pm
If sram XPLR is a thing for 2021 then it will be just the stuff I need for a new build I'm thinking about.
I hope they can get it to market soon with a reasonable price given how mad the 2021 component market is right now.
Chain Reaction had the cassette on their site a week ago, with no picture or details, but then took it off in a day or so.. I would think this month or next month would be the official launch.. As for actually getting, thats another story :cry:
I hope so. I was just about ready to buy the ratio technology 12 speed conversion but this has me on the fence. I want electric shifting for this build but was willing to go without just to get the project underway.
Its frustrating in this market, trying to build something, when you know what you want, but nothing is available.. If you have something you can use now I would wait. There will be so many options in the next 6 months.. You can go a bit budget and get Rival AXS, with EXPLR 1x setup or go a bit fancier with Force or Red. But, we just dont know when we can get this stuff.. Just think, in 2 years from now when Covid cycling craze slows down, there will be a plethora of cheap slightly used bikes and parts to to build to our hearts content..

MARC0

by MARC0

+1

DoctorWeir

by DoctorWeir

andy4g63 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:37 am
gSporco wrote:
Steve Curtis wrote:
gSporco wrote:

Highjacking this thread to ask about XPLR and xRatio compatibility? Anyone tried running the new 10-44 cassette with mechanical?

gSporco

by gSporco

DoctorWeir wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:42 am
andy4g63 wrote:
gSporco wrote:
Steve Curtis wrote:

Highjacking this thread to ask about XPLR and xRatio compatibility? Anyone tried running the new 10-44 cassette with mechanical?
Assuming you use the AXS road flattop chain with the XPLR cassette you should not have a problem.

The question becomes which kit you use Eagle Or Road Derailleur... Thats where I would ask Ratio which one you should go with because the indexing is slightly different for them between Eagle and Road
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

DoctorWeir

by DoctorWeir

gSporco wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 4:52 pm
DoctorWeir wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:42 am
andy4g63 wrote:
gSporco wrote:

Assuming you use the AXS road flattop chain with the XPLR cassette you should not have a problem.

The question becomes which kit you use Eagle Or Road Derailleur... Thats where I would ask Ratio which one you should go with because the indexing is slightly different for them between Eagle and Road
I messaged them and they confirmed for XPLR you need to use Road kit and not the eagle one due to cassette spacing.

takolino

by takolino

It shouldn't matter which derailleur, Eagle or road (Force1, CX1). Ratio sells kits for both. The road kit is for road cassette which should include XPLR since it has same spacing as original AXS road. MTB kit is for Eagle cassettes. Choose the kit according to cassette spacing, ie., Road/XPLR or Eagle. If you are using a road derailleur like Force CX1, you're good to go without anything else. If you are using an Eagle derailleur, get the road cable mod kit which replaces the cam and cable wheel so it will work with road frame and ratio (exact actuation). By the way, If you compare the Eagle and a Force1 derailleur, they look pretty much identical except for the pulley and cam.

Where it gets complicated is other brands of cassettes. In my experience, the older e-thirteen cassettes were Eagle spacing. They've updated some of their cassettes to be compatible accross more standards like Shimano and AXS road. Garbaruk, Rotor, Sroad, etc., IDK. I wish all 12 speed spacing were the same. Why did Sram make road and Eagle different?!