Ridley Kanzo Fast

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

centaur4608

by centaur4608

Hello,

I'm looking for a gravel bike and the Kanzo Fast is on my list. I have couple of question about it.
The first is related to the sizing :
I've been riding mountaing bike since 30 years now and currently I have an 2020 Cannondale Scalpel in L.
Here is a pics of my ride :

I'm 188cm and the distance between the BB axle and the top of my saddle is +/- 775mm. Low front end is my preference.
In the past I also ride on road with a Giant TCR in M/L:

I admit than the drop in this last picture was good for the road and i guess than for a gravel use, it's will be better to limit this drop.

In the Ridley sizing my first feeling is to go to the Medium frame. I also look the large but the headtube lenght seems to be really huge ...
Do you have some recommandations about the Ridley sizing ?

And is it possible to ride with a 700 x 45mm with this frame ? I live close the Amstel Gold Race circuit and on my region we have plenty of gravel area. I'm going to ride it mostly on a 50/50 road/gravel situation

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

centaur4608 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:49 am
Hello,

I'm looking for a gravel bike and the Kanzo Fast is on my list. I have couple of question about it.
The first is related to the sizing :
I've been riding mountaing bike since 30 years now and currently I have an 2020 Cannondale Scalpel in L.
Here is a pics of my ride :

I'm 188cm and the distance between the BB axle and the top of my saddle is +/- 775mm. Low front end is my preference.
In the past I also ride on road with a Giant TCR in M/L:

I admit than the drop in this last picture was good for the road and i guess than for a gravel use, it's will be better to limit this drop.

In the Ridley sizing my first feeling is to go to the Medium frame. I also look the large but the headtube lenght seems to be really huge ...
Do you have some recommandations about the Ridley sizing ?

And is it possible to ride with a 700 x 45mm with this frame ? I live close the Amstel Gold Race circuit and on my region we have plenty of gravel area. I'm going to ride it mostly on a 50/50 road/gravel situation
Hi!

I would go for the Medium size with slammed stem. That should be OK for you. Remember that the cockpit has -15 angle stem.

Iam 184cm and had a medium sized frame of the Kanzo Fast before I now switched to a size S with 1cm spacer and slightly longer stem. Saddleheight about 75cm. Iam running the Noah cockpit with 11cm stem and 40cm bars. (like it narrow..)

45mm is NO problem. Iam now running the Schwalbe G-One Racing tires in 45mm on a 30mm internal width rim. It blows up to about 47mm and that fits like a charm.

Jeans Blue metallic with silver metallic logo. RED XLPR + RED Crank + Rival shifters (like them better..). Weight about 8.25kg now. A 42t with 10-36 will shave off some grams (will be running that in the summer). Just testing the XLPR.

FOIL 20 w/DA 9270 + ENVE 60/67 2023 wheels - GP 5000TR S 28MM
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

double post... sorry.
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm

emotive

by emotive

sunfire2k5 wrote:double post... sorry.
Happy to look at that bike twice ImageImageImage

centaur4608

by centaur4608

Hi sunfire2k5 !

Thanks for your reply. And happy to read than the M could fit me. The headtube lenght on the L size frame is just too huge for a sporty/nice handling feeling.
I really like your build !
And I also create my build on the Ridley website. It's fun because it's close to your's :

:welcome:

I would like to go ofr DI2 GRX with the Classified system.

Elmersen

by Elmersen

Anyone who has pictures of the XS size? Seems like it could have problems with toe overlap running 170 mm cranks? The frame is just a little too short and tall for my liking, and sizing down to XS (I'm 175 cm with seat height of 71 cm) could lead to too little seat setback and too much toe overlap.

centaur4608

by centaur4608

sunfire2K5, I saw in this topic than you're bought 3 Kanzo Fast !
Can you also give your impression about the riding quality of this last ?
Did you already sold the the green and the orange in M size ?

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

centaur4608 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:01 pm
sunfire2K5, I saw in this topic than you're bought 3 Kanzo Fast !
Can you also give your impression about the riding quality of this last ?
Did you already sold the the green and the orange in M size ?
Hi,

Iam really happy with this frame/bike. Like it better than alot of other gravel bikes. The handlebars are also so damn sweet. Love the looks and feel + dimensions they have.

I like to have the bikes "low" in the front so after bikefitting me down to about 75cm saddleheight i wanted a S frame. I have only had 2 trips with this bike in - 3C cold weather and full winter kit. Cant really compare :)

Right now it feels good. 42T with 10-36 fits me perfect in the summer so Will switch to that. Also terra speed 40mm....... :)

centaur4608

by centaur4608

Thanks for your feedback.

bobrayner

by bobrayner

Does anybody know the specification/dimensions of the retaining bolt for the rear dropout / mech hanger? I think it's about 19mm long including a tapered head. The Kanzo Fast frame passport mentions a dropout part "HAARCERID041" which might be the same as the Noah Fast, but I'm getting some very mixed results from searches (some vendors include the bolt, some don't, with some it's obviously a hanger for a very different bike and the bolt seems to be the wrong length).

My bolt has gone missing; the bike still rides with a thru axle holding everything in place, but maintenance becomes difficult, and it doesn't help rear mech alignment.
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

stalkersk

by stalkersk

The bolt is 14mm long, same hanger as Noah Fast and it did came included with new spare hangers.

bobrayner

by bobrayner

stalkersk wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:09 am
The bolt is 14mm long, same hanger as Noah Fast and it did came included with new spare hangers.
Thanks so much!

Now I have a new challenge: Trying to make an Alpkit Exorail work with the Kanzo Fast seatpost clamps (instead of the conventional MTB seatpost clamps that it was designed for). This one might be impossible without some kind of welding...
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

stalkersk

by stalkersk

No way this will work without custom clamp, get bag with straps and use maybe woho bag stabilizer. My bikepacking setup is complete apidura racing set, except handlebar bag.

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Edit: duplicate, sorry

theStig

by theStig

So I'm kind of eyeing a Kanzo Fast (over an Exploro Racemax). Compared to other "aero" gravel rigs, $2999 for a frameset sounds like a good deal since it comes with integrated cockpit.

I don't want so much of a gravel machine per se, but more of an allroad. Fast, super comfortable on paved road, with light dirt duty as secondary usage. With ~40mm deep carbon wheels of sufficient width to cover 32c GP5000TR, Force AXS Wide (10-36T), 1x 40-42T Red cranks, Red HRD brakes, Red AXS shifters, and a comfortable saddle, do you think I can get below 7.5kg complete with pedals/computer mount/cages ?

Also, just by looking around, no one seems to have these in stock in Medium. Ridley's site lets you configure it with custom color schemes but it doesn't look like they sell them direct (or in custom colors as just a frameset)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com