Ridley Kanzo Fast

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

velov

by velov

StellarPatellar wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:53 pm
velov wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:58 pm
Would be a consideration for N=1 if there was a 2x option.
The one with the Classified hub is 2x.
I obviously meant a 2x in the usual sense, certainly not taking a gamble on an unproven proprietary design.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iwallake

by iwallake

Man this bike builds up so nice. Cant wait to get out and ride it.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

iwallake wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:58 pm
Man this bike builds up so nice. Cant wait to get out and ride it.
You can't just bait us like that. We need photos and weights. :welcome:

iwallake

by iwallake

Ill have to get a webhosting site to post the images

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

I really like the clean look of the K Fast. I can't seem to find it for sale in the US. And I went to the Ridley site and clicked through the Buy feature. Says "August 2021 delivery date". Is this bike even available?

plrww

by plrww

This bike looks positively fast and the designer has hit the mark with the looks. The only major issue is the lack of the front derailleur hanger. So..

I wonder if it would be possible to drill two holes in the seat tube, install a supporting back plate in the tube and attach a derailleur hanger with bolts? Obviously this would void all frame warranties, but just thinking of a way to get standard 2x gearing.

When I first saw this bike, it was immediately one of those "Gorgeous bike, must have" moments. Looking further into the details and proprietary rear hub, this changed to "Fantastic looking bike, but.."

2x is an absolute must on an aero gravel bike, because it needs low gears, high gears and small jumps between them. I find it interesting that Ridley decided to jump into unknown with Classified when they could have chosen the standard front derailleur approach as well. Or why not leave the decision to users and include the front derailleur hanger in the frame and offer either rear hub 2x or front derailleur 2x?

At the moment rear hub 2x is just too unknown and limiting. To have 2 or 3 pairs of wheels with this bike would need as many wheels with Classified rear hubs. So no fancy carbon wheels from wheelmakers other than the ones supported by Classified.

misteryellow

by misteryellow

This bike makes no sense at all without a 2x with sufficient chain clearance.
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

iwallake

by iwallake

fignonsbarber wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:45 pm
I really like the clean look of the K Fast. I can't seem to find it for sale in the US. And I went to the Ridley site and clicked through the Buy feature. Says "August 2021 delivery date". Is this bike even available?
I had my shipped in from england, its in the garage

iwallake

by iwallake

I agree that this bike is awesome, it sucks its not 2x. I know that the bottom 7 cogs are the same and that a lot of people run 1x. I feel that the only place it lacks from my Aspero is the high gear that I can run. But a majoriety of the time im not doing 30mph so it was worth the risk

misteryellow

by misteryellow

plrww wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:13 pm
This bike looks positively fast and the designer has hit the mark with the looks. The only major issue is the lack of the front derailleur hanger. So..

I wonder if it would be possible to drill two holes in the seat tube, install a supporting back plate in the tube and attach a derailleur hanger with bolts? Obviously this would void all frame warranties, but just thinking of a way to get standard 2x gearing.

When I first saw this bike, it was immediately one of those "Gorgeous bike, must have" moments. Looking further into the details and proprietary rear hub, this changed to "Fantastic looking bike, but.."

2x is an absolute must on an aero gravel bike, because it needs low gears, high gears and small jumps between them. I find it interesting that Ridley decided to jump into unknown with Classified when they could have chosen the standard front derailleur approach as well. Or why not leave the decision to users and include the front derailleur hanger in the frame and offer either rear hub 2x or front derailleur 2x?

At the moment rear hub 2x is just too unknown and limiting. To have 2 or 3 pairs of wheels with this bike would need as many wheels with Classified rear hubs. So no fancy carbon wheels from wheelmakers other than the ones supported by Classified.
The issue might not be the derailleur hanger but the clearance at the chainstay.
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

gwerziou

by gwerziou

saba wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:53 am
Proprietary hub (so proprietary rear wheel), proprietary cassette, and it's wireless too so you need the nonsense at the cockpit too. And there's a weight penalty of around 200gr too.
Agreed.
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

misteryellow wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:55 pm
plrww wrote:

The issue might not be the derailleur hanger but the clearance at the chainstay.
Hi,

I agree and dont agree on this gearing matter. Really depends on the terrain your are using it in.. I ran mine with Panaracer 43mm (45mm on the rim with 25mm internal) and with Force AXS gearing 42 x 10/36. Works really well for me as a sportsbike in the aera I live. Building me a new one now with longer stem and full AXS Red with 10/33 cassette.
FOIL 20 w/DA 9270 + ENVE 60/67 2023 wheels - GP 5000TR S 28MM
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm

misteryellow

by misteryellow

sunfire2k5 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:42 pm
misteryellow wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:55 pm
plrww wrote:

Hi,

I agree and dont agree on this gearing matter. Really depends on the terrain your are using it in.. I ran mine with Panaracer 43mm (45mm on the rim with 25mm internal) and with Force AXS gearing 42 x 10/36. Works really well for me as a sportsbike in the aera I live. Building me a new one now with longer stem and full AXS Red with 10/33 cassette.
Good to hear. The lack of top gears just means it's not as viable as an 'all in one bike', which is too bad. If I saw your bike though, you sure as hell can expect me to be jealous of you. It looks amazing.

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

Will post picture when i recieved the frame.. got the other parts ready.

Here is my old version with:

Kanzo Fast M frame and 400/100mm cockpit (actual C-C top is VERY narrow about 36-37cm) bottom = 44cm.
Force AXS Wide 1x incl Quarq powermeter 44T 10-36 cassette
Nextie AR 39/44mm with 25mm internal
Panaracer SemiSlick 43mm (actual 45mm)

New one will be the launch orange color with full AXS RED (10-33)
Last edited by sunfire2k5 on Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com