Sturdy All Road

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

So... the Saffron is a weapon! And I love it (at least when I can get out on it... currently having to warranty the fork! Thanks Columbus for your QC)

However as my Saffron is built as gravel race bike, max tyre clearance is 40mm, 650b by 47mm is tight and no mud guards... however on the flip side with 700/32mm it is an amazing winter fast ride bike..

So the hole in the arsenal (other than a plastic race bike which will soon be filled by an SL7) is a commuter/winter mud guard/monster cross bike..

In an attempt to plug the gap after retiring Jolene having had enough of rim brakes in the winter and being limited to 25mm tyres... I have commissioned an All road bike from Tom Sturdy!!

6/4 Ti 3d printed lugs with 3/2 Ti tubes. ENVE Gravel fork, ENVE stem and compact bars, Sturdy Ti seatpost, Sram Red/Eagle mullet 1x build. Wheels are Roval CLX 32 650b with RH 48mm slicks for commuting, Beast 650b gravel rims on DT Swis 240 hubs and 2.2" tyres! 650b carbon mud guards... also I have a set of 700c 40mm deep Beats rims on 180 hubs that will swap between the Saffron and the Sturdy.. 40mm Terra speed on the saffron and CX tyres when ok the Sturdy. Leaving the CLX 50s with GP5000 32 still on the saffron.. should mean all eventualities covered by two bikes and 4 wheels...

Will post weights when all done 👊
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Sounds like a very nice build.

Would be overkill for my commute, but I assume roads near you are like Carrefour de l'Arbre?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Is more that it will pull multi duty of CX bike and also the bike I can fit XC tyres to for trails I wouldn't take the saffron on
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

justaute

by justaute

Very nice, ajc. Sturdy seems to build very nice frames with a progressive mindset.