Factor LS

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

cerro

by cerro

gwerziou wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:10 pm
Do LS framesets come with anything to keep hoses/cables rattling around inside the frame? What is the rear derailleur cable routing like through the BB area for those w mechanical systems? Would a BBinfinite BB play well with this frame and/or interfere w cable routing?
No foam for the cables but would recommend adding it for lifetime quietness :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

req110

by req110

req110 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:59 pm
Anyone here running direct mount fenders?
Factor pissed me off a bit.

They all advertising are showing feature called hidden bolts for direct mount fenders.

So i asked Factor which direct mount fenders do they support, because i am interested in slick design. I am using SKS Speedrocker now which are ugly and mounted via velcro, which is not safe much.

Their reply was they suggest SKS Speedrocker.

Why the hell they are suggesting universal plastic velcro fenders for their bike, where they are promoting it's smart hidded bolts for direct mount fenders.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

gwerziou

by gwerziou

The LS geometry suits me almost perfectly, but I am somewhat reluctant to have another frame with a pressfit bottom bracket. I might still do it anyway and just hope for the best. FYI, Mr Gitelis is highly responsive and wrote me, "We have gone back and forth with this as other people have a similar dis-like of Press Fit BB as you. It's very unfortunate how because of the poor quality of some brands, it's affected the perception of this standard. We have sold over 1,000 LS so far with no bottom bracket issues. We find that if people use a good quality two piece BB and follow the correct instructions for assembly, this is a very good system.

We have decided at least for the remainder of 2021 we will not be moving the LS to a threaded in BB. I remember we were talking about Ekar from Campagnolo previously, part of this decision is based on wanting to support their groupset, as currently there are no T-47 Asymmetric options for the Ekar, and we plan to start to promote this groupset starting in June."
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

sigma

by sigma

Rob is pretty terrific for an owner - I have enjoyed my back and forths with him too. Question for fellow LS owners: what kind of spacers are sitting beneath your stem? Round or Oval to match the lower transition / headset cap? Mine are round which is now bothering me as my Vam and One look much better...
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

kode54

by kode54

I have oval spacers from my VAM with the one next to the stem with a tail up.

I didn't like the regular round ones that came with it. Not sure why they just didn't include the VAM ones because they're like a $2 molded piece of plastic.
I bought another set from Factor...and it wasn't $2.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

gwerziou wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:52 pm
The LS geometry suits me almost perfectly, but I am somewhat reluctant to have another frame with a pressfit bottom bracket. I might still do it anyway and just hope for the best. FYI, Mr Gitelis is highly responsive and wrote me, "We have gone back and forth with this as other people have a similar dis-like of Press Fit BB as you. It's very unfortunate how because of the poor quality of some brands, it's affected the perception of this standard. We have sold over 1,000 LS so far with no bottom bracket issues. We find that if people use a good quality two piece BB and follow the correct instructions for assembly, this is a very good system.

We have decided at least for the remainder of 2021 we will not be moving the LS to a threaded in BB. I remember we were talking about Ekar from Campagnolo previously, part of this decision is based on wanting to support their groupset, as currently there are no T-47 Asymmetric options for the Ekar, and we plan to start to promote this groupset starting in June."
Not true. My friend has an LS with bottom bracket issues. He had it warrantied.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

Just a side note that one piece BB like Hambini and InfiniteBB are not approved by Factor for BB installations. Two-piece only and the CeramicSpeed one that is included is the recommended BB.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

gwerziou wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:10 pm
Do LS framesets come with anything to keep hoses/cables rattling around inside the frame? What is the rear derailleur cable routing like through the BB area for those w mechanical systems? Would a BBinfinite BB play well with this frame and/or interfere w cable routing?
Same here. I didn't get anything for keeping the cables from rattling. I use the Jagwire cable dampener and that seems to work fairly well. Also, I have a Hambini BBright in mine with no issues with cable routing. Tons of room all around...top and bottom of the BB.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

sigma

by sigma

kode54 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:32 pm
Just a side note that one piece BB like Hambini and InfiniteBB are not approved by Factor for BB installations. Two-piece only and the CeramicSpeed one that is included is the recommended BB.
I have BBinfinite in mine. Great quality. And plenty of room for the wiring.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

req110

by req110

Moving to garbaruk extender cage for my force axs, and 10-50 x01 cassette.

SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

moonoi

by moonoi

Finally got my LS frame set earlier this week, and got my LBS to build it up using a mix of new parts and the group set from my old Chapter2 AO. They also took some nice pics for me.

Originally I was also going to use my Zipp 303s wheels, but I got a good deal on the Black Inc Thirty, which looked better to me, so splashed out on them too Image

Really looking forward to getting out on this at the weekend ImageImage

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

kode54 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:31 pm
gwerziou wrote:

Also not true for me, at least in the case of my O2 VAM. Not sure if the BB shell on the LS is the same construction, but the latest O2 VAM inner bb shell consists of nothing more then a couple of rings of carbon that are about one cm wide. Despite meticulous installation using loctite 641 and primer (as per Rob Gitelis) the two piece supplied Ceramic Speed bb would not stay put. A thread together bb (Wheels MFG) was the solution. Rob is a good bloke but he is downplaying the issue and I think he knows there will be more problems in the future with existing bikes. My bet is all Factor bikes will be T47 or similar in the next couple of years. Heavier, but better.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

kode54

by kode54

Yup. Totally agree. There's more issues with the BB shell than Factor admits to. Even with the CS BB installed (supplied w new framesets)...these may not be the solution as when installed as spec, they are either too loose or the shell has too much give/slack that even if Loctite 641...they break loose and pedal forces tend to ovalize the shell in no time, making matters worse.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

gwerziou

by gwerziou

Yeah, I couldn't see getting one of these frames unless I had a Torqtite or similar (thread-together) bottom bracket, and no one makes a BBright one for a Campy drivetrain...
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

RDY

by RDY

Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:58 pm
kode54 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:31 pm
gwerziou wrote:

Also not true for me, at least in the case of my O2 VAM. Not sure if the BB shell on the LS is the same construction, but the latest O2 VAM inner bb shell consists of nothing more then a couple of rings of carbon that are about one cm wide. Despite meticulous installation using loctite 641 and primer (as per Rob Gitelis) the two piece supplied Ceramic Speed bb would not stay put. A thread together bb (Wheels MFG) was the solution. Rob is a good bloke but he is downplaying the issue and I think he knows there will be more problems in the future with existing bikes. My bet is all Factor bikes will be T47 or similar in the next couple of years. Heavier, but better.
T47 definitely aren't better ... but they are indeed heavier. Threaded inherently has more drag than a properly machined PF interface.

Factor - among many brands - have developed a reputation for very poor BB conformance, despite what their guy claims. It's why they moved to T47. They can't even shift the blame to OEMs ... they own and operate their own factory. Just crap, lazy tolerances and no QC. Which is of course the norm these days.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com