Factor LS

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

sigma

by sigma

For those of you guys that went with Di2 on the LS, do you happen to know your wire sizes (particularly for the seat tube). I have a size 56 and finally was able to locate the last Shimano parts other than the wires, so hoping to get this guy built this weekend! I believe the downtube is 1000mm, FD wire 300mm, RD 700mm, but I am a little less sure of the seat tube (1000-1200 is what I am guessing). I am planning on skippping the Y split as I won't use sprinter or climbing buttons.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

You probably need the 1000. I have a shorter cable in mine (52cm)...maybe 750? my junction B is stuffed in the seat tube for a tighter fit for less rattle so the longer length is not needed in mine.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

mcjonesy

by mcjonesy

young wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:08 am

just finished my buddies the other day.

Running a Eagle cassette & non-AXS chain with a Force AXS derailier??
Is that possible due to replacing the cage and pulley wheels?

vinuneuro

by vinuneuro

Any addtional feedback from owners on how the Factor LS rides? I'm particularly wondering how it is vs. the Open.
2016 Diverge Expert

fbonde

by fbonde

Done with the LS build.

Size 54"
Enve finishing kit (with the new AR handlebar)
Enve 3.4 AR's

almost 8 kilo

The only downside was the cable management with no stop like the OPEN. It slides back and forth in and out of the frame. Not the best solution. Otherwise a fantastic bike, gravel yet still a racy feeling.
insta: @fbonde

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

vinuneuro wrote:Any addtional feedback from owners on how the Factor LS rides? I'm particularly wondering how it is vs. the Open.
I have both. The Open is more relaxing. Comparison is Porsche (LS) vs Mercedes S-Class (Open)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

kode54

by kode54

How do you like the Enve AR bars? I have one on order but delivery (ordered
Back in December).
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

fbonde

by fbonde

kode54 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:09 pm
Back in December).
Its for me better then the regular aero and the gravel bar. The flare is on point, and the rounded edges is really nice as well. Then only thing is, you can mount a computer mount on the actual bar. The once from mounted on the stem point way to upwards.
insta: @fbonde

Geraint

by Geraint

alexneumuller wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:40 pm
young wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:48 pm
tepextate wrote:To those of you who have the LS, can you comment on how the fender mounts work? Are you able to mount any standard fender to the mounts?
I gave up trying to secure them. Front is easy enough. But back wheel needs a bridge stay to hold the fender up. Might need to find another one.

But for now I m taki g the easy option and using other bikes

the 3rd mount is between the chain stays behind bb
At the back of the BB and at the tru axle area is super easy. But it needs another one where usually the back rim brake would sit. Maybe 3D Print something

How do they mount to the fork crown? I can't see how that works in any of the pics. Is there a threaded hole in the underside or rear of the crown?

Considering one of these as an ((n-3)+1) as it could probably replace my Open UP, Mason Bokeh, and Mason Definition for the use they get. But good mudguard fitment is essential.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Geraint wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:40 pm
young wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:48 pm
I gave up trying to secure them. Front is easy enough. But back wheel needs a bridge stay to hold the fender up. Might need to find another one.

But for now I m taki g the easy option and using other bikes

the 3rd mount is between the chain stays behind bb
At the back of the BB and at the tru axle area is super easy. But it needs another one where usually the back rim brake would sit. Maybe 3D Print something

How do they mount to the fork crown? I can't see how that works in any of the pics. Is there a threaded hole in the underside or rear of the crown?

Considering one of these as an ((n-3)+1) as it could probably replace my Open UP, Mason Bokeh, and Mason Definition for the use they get. But good mudguard fitment is essential.

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

Geraint

by Geraint

@alexneumuller: You are a legend, in terms of your helpfulness as well as your awesome collection of bikes. Thank you sir :thumbup: 8)

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

I'm going to ask in here as it seems to be a gravel hive mind and I've not seen much on the topic.

Has anyone tried to fix oversized jockey wheels on a GRX derailleur which aren't Kogel or Ceramic Speed yet?

kode54

by kode54

fbonde wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:27 am
kode54 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:09 pm
Back in December).
Its for me better then the regular aero and the gravel bar. The flare is on point, and the rounded edges is really nice as well. Then only thing is, you can mount a computer mount on the actual bar. The once from mounted on the stem point way to upwards.
Thx, good to know. The Enve bar was way too wide for me. The SES Aero bar didn't have enough flare for me.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

gwerziou

by gwerziou

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/01/factor- ... ke-review/

Summary: "Fast bike. Similar to the Cervelo Aspero, but lighter and less harsh."
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gSporco

by gSporco

young wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:08 am
teutoned wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:12 am
Curious as to what BB everyone is using.
Wheels, Token, BBInfinite, CeramicSpeed, Kogel?
I was gonna roll a bbinfinite.
bbinfinite one piece steel bearing

just finished my buddies the other day.

What RD cage and extension linknare you using to get that AXS RD work with an Eagle 10-50 cassette? Is that an Eagle chain as well?
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero