Factor LS

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

325Euros

kode54 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:09 pm
What was the up charge to do a custom paint?

Curious...if you care to disclose the additional amount.
alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:52 am
I m doing the pearl white colouring through their prisma paint option. My Open is a little crazy in the colour department, so I thought am more calm look is better. And I ordered it without wheels, as I have a set of Enve 3.4 AR Disc that I will use. Paired with some 32mm tires....The whole idea simply is to hammer it along the forrest and along the river in Munich. My Open setup is a little more for longer days, it is less agressive.

jmfreeman535 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:46 am
alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:07 am
Placed order with different paintjob. It be interesting to see how it rides in comparison to my Open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the other color option?

Also, I'm currently trying to decide between this and an Open, so if I don't make a desicion soon, I'd love to hear your feedback once you receive it
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

Interesting. Thx for letting me know.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

alexneumuller wrote:
I m doing the pearl white colouring through their prisma paint option. My Open is a little crazy in the colour department, so I thought am more calm look is better. And I ordered it without wheels, as I have a set of Enve 3.4 AR Disc that I will use. Paired with some 32mm tires....The whole idea simply is to hammer it along the forrest and along the river in Munich. My Open setup is a little more for longer days, it is less agressive.
Yah, the Open is pretty...vibrant. I knid of like the blue, tho. I'd didn't see the option for the LS in the Prisma Studio, but it makes sense that they could still do it. It in the pearl white should look very clean.

My biggest hold-up with the LS is the stack-to-reach ration...it's too tall, for how long it is (looking at the 54), and I don't think I could get comfortable on it. Other than than, the geometry looks fantasic.

gwerziou

by gwerziou

zmjones wrote:what is wrong with bb86? i've never had a problem. the shimano standards seem fine.
BB86 is only good for small diameter crank spindles. It's as good as press-fit can be for those, ha ha. There are a few attempts like Kogel, Easton etc to fit a 30mm crank to a BB86 but they are, uh, really terrible to be honest. It just doesn't work. As long as you don't go 30mm you are fine. I see BBinfinite makes a one-piece shell for a 30mm spindle on a BB86 but it is frighteningly expensive. After replacing 3 bottom brackets I just put back on my old GXP crankset, so now I have a lovely Easton crankset waiting for another frame that can use it.
Last edited by gwerziou on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

gwerziou

by gwerziou

I am extremely curious as to how the custom color option works, and what it costs. The website is a bit unclear as to what you are getting into, what the various options mean and if they can in fact be used on this model since it brings up another model's name for all of the choices.

I'm pretty stoked about this bike and if I can get a crimson red version then it will be my next frame, barring new developments in the meantime. I was looking at the Open UPPER but this is far cheaper and a better fitting stack/reach on the medium than the large size Open. The medium Open has too short a reach for me. I bet Open will shortly announce more sizes and a bit more stack as 3T just did with their new Exploro Max, however...
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

kode54

by kode54

Psima Studio allows just about any paint combo and does apply to the LS. Also, Factor just announced a free integrated bar/stem combo for free with orders before June 30. I'm waiting to hear back regarding paint options. Taiwan is closed for the holidays until Monday.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

sigma

by sigma

kode54 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:53 pm
Psima Studio allows just about any paint combo and does apply to the LS. Also, Factor just announced a free integrated bar/stem combo for free with orders before June 30. I'm waiting to hear back regarding paint options. Taiwan is closed for the holidays until Monday.
Can you provide a link to the bar / stem combo offer?
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

kode54

by kode54

I got this email....

======================================================================
Order the New Factor LS Frameset and Receive a Free Integrated Barstem Upgrade
To celebrate the launch of the Factor LS, we are offering subscribers a free Black Inc Integrated Barstem upgrade (worth $650) with any LS frameset purchased online through the Factor Bikes website.

Simply place your order and use the coupon code 'integrated2020' at checkout and we will take care of the rest. Once we have received your order a member of our team will be in touch to confirm bar/stem sizing.
* This offer is valid until Tuesday 30 June 2020 and only applies to the Factor LS Frameset. Orders must be placed directly through factorbikes.com. Limited to one per customer. For any questions, please email sales@factorbikes.com.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

jmfreeman535 wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:
Yah, the Open is pretty...vibrant. I knid of like the blue, tho. I'd didn't see the option for the LS in the Prisma Studio, but it makes sense that they could still do it. It in the pearl white should look very clean.

My biggest hold-up with the LS is the stack-to-reach ration...it's too tall, for how long it is (looking at the 54), and I don't think I could get comfortable on it. Other than than, the geometry looks fantasic.
The 56 works for me. Aggressive, but fast fun. My open is way crazy, so the white will be a nice change for the LS. Image

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:33 pm
The 56 works for me. Aggressive, but fast fun. My open is way crazy, so the white will be a nice change for the LS. Image

That is crazy...but in a good way.

For me, the 52 would be prefect stack/reach wise, but the rest of it seems like it would be too compact for off road. Then the 54 is 10mm too tall, and about 5mm too long. Which is a shame, because I really want to try it.

Orbital

by Orbital

OMG that may be the best colorway I’ve seen!

kode54

by kode54

Crazy colorway on the Open!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

zmjones

by zmjones

gwerziou wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:32 pm
zmjones wrote:what is wrong with bb86? i've never had a problem. the shimano standards seem fine.
BB86 is only good for small diameter crank spindles. It's as good as press-fit can be for those, ha ha. There are a few attempts like Kogel, Easton etc to fit a 30mm crank to a BB86 but they are, uh, really terrible to be honest. It just doesn't work. As long as you don't go 30mm you are fine. I see BBinfinite makes a one-piece shell for a 30mm spindle on a BB86 but it is frighteningly expensive. After replacing 3 bottom brackets I just put back on my old GXP crankset, so now I have a lovely Easton crankset waiting for another frame that can use it.
oh yea sure. i just only *f##k* with shimano so it is nbd. 30mm for a shell designed for a 24mm spindle seems like an inherently bad idea. but i'd pick bb386evo over another option for 30mm cranks.

the deal w/ the integrated bar/stem is dope. unfortunately i feel like this conflicts with my idea of turning this into the ultimate winter bike as it is usually annoying to mount lights on integrated bars.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

zmjones wrote:
gwerziou wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:32 pm
oh yea sure. i just only *f##k* with shimano so it is nbd. 30mm for a shell designed for a 24mm spindle seems like an inherently bad idea. but i'd pick bb386evo over another option for 30mm cranks.

the deal w/ the integrated bar/stem is dope. unfortunately i feel like this conflicts with my idea of turning this into the ultimate winter bike as it is usually annoying to mount lights on integrated bars.
K-Edge do a mount for Garmin/wahoo where a GoPro can be put underneath. I just attach a Garmin light underneath. The Mount itself fits underneath the blackinc Bar-stem combo

Strava
Instagram

kode54

by kode54

There's also a fork steerer 5mm spacer with GoPro adapter in front where you can mount a light. I use a Lupine light with GoPro adapter and attach it to difficult bar/stem combos.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com