Factor LS

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

req110

by req110

Yeah, it's more level now.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

req110

by req110

Anyone here running direct mount fenders?
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

gwerziou

by gwerziou

I made an inquiry this past weekend; Factor LS orders placed now are delivering in June.
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

cerro

by cerro

qwerziou: I got told end of May a month ago but got my frame within two weeks ;) Can really recommend it. Used my LS for over 1000k now in less than a month :D

young

by young

scoobydrew wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:40 am
young wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:11 am
here's mineImage

7kg with eggbeaters and quarq pm
Looks great! What size is this?
49cm
setback
120/40

gwerziou

by gwerziou

cerro wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:27 pm
qwerziou: I got told end of May a month ago but got my frame within two weeks ;) Can really recommend it. Used my LS for over 1000k now in less than a month :D
I don't see another frame that would suit me as well, it's just a matter of $$$. Cash going in some other directions as well - home repairs, musical instruments... Maybe one or two more paychecks in and I'll be ready to go.

sigma

by sigma

Posted a couple pics here of my build: Factor LS custom painted by them (metallic blue, silver, red) at Prisma Studio (this added 80g of weight); Enve m525G wheels; Rotor Aldhu 46/30 wide; SRAM 10-42 (it works just fine) cassette; GRX 2x Di2; Time XC12 titanium pedals; Black inc 44/90 bar (went shorter stem and wider); Blackinc seatpost for now but might pop a Darimo on there. Steerer tube a little longer than normal to allow for varying the stack from mostly road to singletrack. She's a missle so far. Just need a little bar tape (ran out)!

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP ... FsbmhxT1pn
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

shiiiison

by shiiiison

^ That is a beautiful setup and quite patriotic! Looks very nice!

sigma

by sigma

shiiiison wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:13 pm
Thank you! I was quite nervous picking the colors out but they do bring a patriotic smile to my face for both my home nations (UK and US)
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.

kode54

by kode54

sigma wrote:Posted a couple pics here of my build: Factor LS custom painted by them (metallic blue, silver, red) at Prisma Studio (this added 80g of weight); Enve m525G wheels; Rotor Aldhu 46/30 wide; SRAM 10-42 (it works just fine) cassette; GRX 2x Di2; Time XC12 titanium pedals; Black inc 44/90 bar (went shorter stem and wider); Blackinc seatpost for now but might pop a Darimo on there. Steerer tube a little longer than normal to allow for varying the stack from mostly road to singletrack. She's a missle so far. Just need a little bar tape (ran out)!

Looks great! Red Bull like. Did it take that long for you to get the Prisma Studio paint? And I thought they weren’t doing custom for LS.

It does look so much different than a stock painted frame and very unique.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

gwerziou

by gwerziou

sigma wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:12 am
shiiiison wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:13 pm
Thank you! I was quite nervous picking the colors out but they do bring a patriotic smile to my face for both my home nations (UK and US)
Very nice indeed. I thought it was French though; Liberté, égalité, fraternité !

sigma

by sigma

kode54 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:31 am
sigma wrote:Posted a couple pics here of my build: Factor LS custom painted by them (metallic blue, silver, red) at Prisma Studio (this added 80g of weight); Enve m525G wheels; Rotor Aldhu 46/30 wide; SRAM 10-42 (it works just fine) cassette; GRX 2x Di2; Time XC12 titanium pedals; Black inc 44/90 bar (went shorter stem and wider); Blackinc seatpost for now but might pop a Darimo on there. Steerer tube a little longer than normal to allow for varying the stack from mostly road to singletrack. She's a missle so far. Just need a little bar tape (ran out)!

Looks great! Red Bull like. Did it take that long for you to get the Prisma Studio paint? And I thought they weren’t doing custom for LS.

It does look so much different than a stock painted frame and very unique.
It added about 4-5 weeks for the Prisma studio. They offered it when the LS first came out with a small upcharge (few hundred dollars) and it's stellar work tbh.

itapersita

by itapersita

young wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:08 am
teutoned wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:12 am
Curious as to what BB everyone is using.
Wheels, Token, BBInfinite, CeramicSpeed, Kogel?
I was gonna roll a bbinfinite.
bbinfinite one piece steel bearing

just finished my buddies the other day.

How is the shifting with the Garbaruk Cage with such a large cassette?

gwerziou

by gwerziou

Do LS framesets come with anything to keep hoses/cables rattling around inside the frame? What is the rear derailleur cable routing like through the BB area for those w mechanical systems? Would a BBinfinite BB play well with this frame and/or interfere w cable routing?

teutoned

by teutoned

gwerziou wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:10 pm
Do LS framesets come with anything to keep hoses/cables rattling around inside the frame? What is the rear derailleur cable routing like through the BB area for those w mechanical systems? Would a BBinfinite BB play well with this frame and/or interfere w cable routing?
Mine came with nothing to prevent rattling. I have no rattles.

Plastic cable stop for dérailleur cables on down tube is junk compared to metal bolt-in one on my wilier zero7. It snaps in. Maybe I didn’t size my housing length properly.

No interference with BB. I’m running BBinfinite.

Cables route underneath bb shell with separate bolt-in guide.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com