Factor LS

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

bmCube

by bmCube

I have the LS in crystal green, with T47 bottom bracket. I also didn't want ceramic bottom bracket. And because Asymetric T47 bottom brackets are harder to find, I just bought an external and internal bottom bracket and combined them to an asymetric one.... Seems to work fine for me 8)
I bought 2 praxis bottom brackets, for less than the price of a "real" asymetric bottom bracket.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rolfo

by rolfo

bmCube wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:58 am
I have the LS in crystal green, with T47 bottom bracket. I also didn't want ceramic bottom bracket. And because Asymetric T47 bottom brackets are harder to find, I just bought an external and internal bottom bracket and combined them to an asymetric one.... Seems to work fine for me 8)
I bought 2 praxis bottom brackets, for less than the price of a "real" asymetric bottom bracket.
I also had this idea. Top, that it works!

MAP1

by MAP1

Thanks for the information! I'm still waiting for my frameset to arrive, but I was already wondering if that option could work.

Texjur1973

by Texjur1973

kode54 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:32 pm
The DS is about 3.5mm while the NDS is 5mm gap. Never noticed the difference, but now that you pointed it out...there is a different gap. My wheel is dished correctly.
Finally getting back to this. FWIW, if anyone is curious, Factor did confirm to me that the chainstays are asymetrical (this may be widely known other than to me :) ) and therefore the tire sits materially closer to the drive-side stay. No biggie, but on my I9 wheels (25mm internal, hooked rim), I've yet to find a tire labeled larger than 38mm that leaves enough clearance for me to be comfortable (measuring to about 40mm actual).

Is this what others have found too?

kode54

by kode54

Not really. I have 42 knobbies on one set of wheels th fit with no issues. I normally run the Schaealbe RS 38mm on most of the time for my typical gravel roads.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

pepito

by pepito

Hello Everyone. I currently own a 3T Exploro that I would say use 90% road and 10% gravel. Where I live (Netherlands) most gravel paths or singletracks are what I would consider light gravel. It is a chunky frame compared to more recent models. This weekend I visited a Factor dealer, I was presented with the OSTRO (beautiful machine), O2 (sub 8kg built with Rival Etap and Vision sc30 wheels), and the LS (also surprisingly light).

So my question for you, and particularly to those who know the O2 and LS frame how would you compare them? I completely love the O2 in Pearl white and paired with a Rival etap and some 303s it's a good light setup for the money! But I do appreciate escaping to "that gravel path" every time I come across them so I am a bit afraid of pulling the trigger to the O2 when probably the LS would give me the same riding feel with more tire clearance for some gravel. I am afraid an O2 with a wider tire 30 or even 32 will be too tight and there will be some damage on the frame from the tight space between tire and frame. Also, the threaded bottom bracket is a plus for me on the LS.

So what would you choose? I think the OSTRO is a completely different category (also price-wise), maybe not for me at the moment.

But O2 Pearl white (2022) vs Ls Crystal Green (2022) paired with Rival eTap and zipp 303s? Would you set it up in a different way?

All opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

P.s - should I place this post independently and start a new thread? I am a newbie here so my apologies in advance if I am going to create some mess.

Vik61

by Vik61

Canyon Grizl
Trek Supercaliber

bmCube

by bmCube

I have the LS in crystal green and I'm using it as my winter road bike. My cervélo aspero is set up as gravel bike and my Isaac element sl is my "summer" road bike. In terms of stifness and steering, I can say that the LS is much stiffer and even quicker steering than my isaac..... I would'nt mind if my Isaac died :noidea: :oops:
The LS is a road bike with the capabilities of a gravel bike as is the aspero. But for road riding I would say LS

pepito

by pepito

bmCube wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:47 pm
I have the LS in crystal green and I'm using it as my winter road bike. My cervélo aspero is set up as gravel bike and my Isaac element sl is my "summer" road bike. In terms of stifness and steering, I can say that the LS is much stiffer and even quicker steering than my isaac..... I would'nt mind if my Isaac died :noidea: :oops:
The LS is a road bike with the capabilities of a gravel bike as is the aspero. But for road riding I would say LS
Thanks! do you maybe have some pics you can share? I have a good trade deal for my 3T... just need to make a decision on what Factor to choose...

bmCube

by bmCube

Only pic I have at the moment, should take some more.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjh9cjJMS7Z ... _copy_link

pepito

by pepito

Vik61 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:56 am
pepito, special for you - https://factorbikes.com/products/ostro-gravel/
Thanks! I saw it... beautiful! but I think it is more worth in a 90% gravel and 10% road. At this point, where I live, puts me the other way around.

Lell87

by Lell87

Pepito,

You might already know but Factor direct has $1,300 off (advertised as free group set) complete bikes for O2 and LS. Not sure if available to all countries and ignore if you're just looking at framesets.

pepito

by pepito

Lell87 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:39 pm
Pepito,

You might already know but Factor direct has $1,300 off (advertised as free group set) complete bikes for O2 and LS. Not sure if available to all countries and ignore if you're just looking at framesets.
I didn't! thank you so much! it is a good deal... the question is why the sale? Are new models coming for 2023? :roll:

MAP1

by MAP1

Good news on the BB front, I found this (new?) SRAM DUB option online. It seems like a new option, because I have been looking for this exact BB and was unable to find it the last couple of months. Just in time, because my frameset arrived yesterday.

https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-Bottom-Bracket ... T47a-77-mm

DDX

by DDX

MAP1 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:52 am
Good news on the BB front, I found this (new?) SRAM DUB option online. It seems like a new option, because I have been looking for this exact BB and was unable to find it the last couple of months. Just in time, because my frameset arrived yesterday.

https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-Bottom-Bracket ... T47a-77-mm
Is this information correct ?
From the r2-bike page: BB-DUB-T47-A1
And the sram page for this article shows a t47 (not t47a) : https://www.sram.com/en/service/models/bb-dub-t47-a1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com