Factor LS

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

kode54

by kode54

Good to know. I'm running 35mm G-One Speeds right now...but looking for wider with more knobbies for some technical gravel in 2021.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tepextate

by tepextate

To those of you who have the LS, can you comment on how the fender mounts work? Are you able to mount any standard fender to the mounts?

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

tepextate wrote:To those of you who have the LS, can you comment on how the fender mounts work? Are you able to mount any standard fender to the mounts?
I gave up trying to secure them. Front is easy enough. But back wheel needs a bridge stay to hold the fender up. Might need to find another one.

But for now I m taki g the easy option and using other bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

tepextate

by tepextate

alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:48 pm
tepextate wrote:To those of you who have the LS, can you comment on how the fender mounts work? Are you able to mount any standard fender to the mounts?
I gave up trying to secure them. Front is easy enough. But back wheel needs a bridge stay to hold the fender up. Might need to find another one.

Thanks! Does the frame not come with a bridge stay (like the picture below)?

gwerziou

by gwerziou

I chatted with Factor last night via their website about a possible new LS build. Here's what they had to say:

"We recently started to speak to Campagnolo about the Ekar group and will have our first delivery at the end of February... I'm actually looking foward to using this group myself".
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

vinuneuro

by vinuneuro

Outstanding review, very well written. Given the tire sizes you're running I assume you also looked at the Vista. What was your evaluation of it vs. the LS? I've been using 35c on my gen1 Diverge over the last 5 years and still can't see myself utilizing the clearance that modern gravel bikes afford. The Vista almost seems perfect for my riding (and yours?), but it's frameset is priced incomprehensibly higher than the LS.
guadzilla wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:30 am
A quick review of my Factor, after having built it up and ridden it for a couple of months (mostly on the road) now:

While I bought the frame with certain expectations based on Factor's reputation as well as the race-oriented focus of the bike, the fact that it was so new meant that there were literally no reviews of the bike on the market. I have to admit, I was a little concerned about how this bike would ride.

2016 Diverge Expert

gwerziou

by gwerziou

I also looked carefully at the Vista, but the price! I'm guessing the price difference is based on the special fork assembly?
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

guadzilla

by guadzilla

vinuneuro wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:51 pm
Outstanding review, very well written. Given the tire sizes you're running I assume you also looked at the Vista. What was your evaluation of it vs. the LS? I've been using 35c on my gen1 Diverge over the last 5 years and still can't see myself utilizing the clearance that modern gravel bikes afford. The Vista almost seems perfect for my riding (and yours?), but it's frameset is priced incomprehensibly higher than the LS.
I did consider the Vista as well - a friend has it and likes it a lot. But I never got past the price and so didnt really bother. This is my training/travel bike and the LS was at a price point that was better suited for my needs.

And yes, you are right - I dont see myself using it with tires wider than 32mm most of the time (just put on Schwalbe Ones in 28s), but I wanted to have the option to run 40mms in case it was ever needed - twho knows where having a bike with some off-road capabilities might lead me? So even if the price had been the same, I would have gotten the LS.

teutoned

by teutoned

Curious as to what BB everyone is using.
Wheels, Token, BBInfinite, CeramicSpeed, Kogel?
I was gonna roll a bbinfinite.

young

by young

teutoned wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:12 am
bbinfinite one piece steel bearing

just finished my buddies the other day.

young

by young

alexneumuller wrote:

the 3rd mount is between the chain stays behind bb

kode54

by kode54

teutoned wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:12 am
Hambini
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

young wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:

the 3rd mount is between the chain stays behind bb
At the back of the BB and at the tru axle area is super easy. But it needs another one where usually the back rim brake would sit. Maybe 3D Print something

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

young

by young

alexneumuller wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:40 pm

At the back of the BB and at the tru axle area is super easy. But it needs another one where usually the back rim brake would sit. Maybe 3D Print something

you're right. guess p- clamps on seat stays.

fbonde

by fbonde

alexneumuller wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:26 am
So mine has arrived and just being build up with etap AXS groupset.....but no wheels. Undecided about that.

I have some Enve 3.4 AR that would work potentially. Just need to check what max width tire the bike can take.

Is that a stock paint? looks very nice :thumbup:
insta: @fbonde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com