New Exploro RaceMax

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Looks like 3T is starting to move production to Italy. They'll start with the RaceMax and will use some neat manufacturing methods. Not sure anyone else is filament winding frames yet. I'm happy to see things being insourced

https://blog.3t.bike/2021/06/17365/fram ... ming-home/

smartyiak

by smartyiak

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:23 am
Looks like 3T is starting to move production to Italy. They'll start with the RaceMax and will use some neat manufacturing methods. Not sure anyone else is filament winding frames yet. I'm happy to see things being insourced

I don't know anything about carbon mfg (aside from what I've read hear and seen from mfgs like Look, Time, and BMC), but that looks pretty rad. I like it. Marketing or not, hopefully they can sustain it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

An interesting move, I can't imagine this is going to bring the price of the frame down, although I guess the weight and QC should benefit (not suggesting it's bad today before anyone gets all bent out of shape)
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

bobrayner

by bobrayner

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:23 am

This downtube & bottom bracket looks very impressive before it goes into the mould! https://blog.3t.bike/2021/06/17365/fram ... e/#image-8
smartyiak wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:38 pm
So, I've decided to take a jump into gravel. Exploro on the shortlist, but:
1. Concerned that it's just too much like my road bike (S3) and
2. has anyone had an issue with the cutout and rocks? I've heard it mentioned as a concern, but I've never seen "real world data" to support that. I'd mostly be riding gravel, fireroads, forest service roads...maybe some easy single track connectors...nothing too outrageous.
3. Anyone bike pack with their's? I'd be looking at overnight...maybe three days; nothing crazy like 7-10days.
One of the attractions of the Exploro is that it can be just like a road bike. Put on some skinny road wheels, and go. Then the next day you can put on big knobbly wheels and it's an offroad monster. One bike for everything.

There's a very photogenic Exploro bikepacking scene - have you seen the 3T blog? Lots of Exploros loaded up with a couple of days worth of luggage.

Disclaimer: I'm a former road rider who switched to gravel (I shortlisted an Exploro Racemax before buying a rival brand). Your mileage may vary.
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

basurper

by basurper

Hi...

I was wondering if someone know what hub brand and type used on the WTB SERRA wheelset?
I want to swap the freehub body to XD from HG.

TIA

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I think your best bet is to ping: info@wtb.com

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0202/ ... v3.pdf?651 only shows Shimano freehubs
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

basurper

by basurper

bikewithnoname wrote:I think your best bet is to ping: info@wtb.com

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0202/ ... v3.pdf?651 only shows Shimano freehubs
Thanks for the info.

Yes, no XD body mentioned there.

Actually I almost got it from Jochem of Superior bikes and it was ready to be shipped. But somehow the shipment canceled and no words from him for about a month now.
So i guess, it is available for sale somewhere, just need the exact brand and type, or the S/N.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

bobrayner wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:21 pm
This downtube & bottom bracket looks very impressive before it goes into the mould! https://blog.3t.bike/2021/06/17365/fram ... e/#image-8
smartyiak wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:38 pm
So, I've decided to take a jump into gravel. Exploro on the shortlist, but:
1. Concerned that it's just too much like my road bike (S3) and
2. has anyone had an issue with the cutout and rocks? I've heard it mentioned as a concern, but I've never seen "real world data" to support that. I'd mostly be riding gravel, fireroads, forest service roads...maybe some easy single track connectors...nothing too outrageous.
3. Anyone bike pack with their's? I'd be looking at overnight...maybe three days; nothing crazy like 7-10days.
One of the attractions of the Exploro is that it can be just like a road bike. Put on some skinny road wheels, and go. Then the next day you can put on big knobbly wheels and it's an offroad monster. One bike for everything.

There's a very photogenic Exploro bikepacking scene - have you seen the 3T blog? Lots of Exploros loaded up with a couple of days worth of luggage.

Disclaimer: I'm a former road rider who switched to gravel (I shortlisted an Exploro Racemax before buying a rival brand). Your mileage may vary.
Re: the bolded part above. As an Exploro owner (non-Racemax), I was really curious about how effective the Exploro was as a true road bike. I'm putting together a video series on it for my YT channel (been delayed on part 2 due to weather and life). Watch if you want, otherwise, the jist is that while it can be a road bike, there's a lot of compromise. So much so that if you're racing or riding in fast groups, it's still definitely worth getting a dedicated road bike. I did see a racer riding an Exploro at one of our local road races last month...
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

Relientk1202

by Relientk1202

Anyone have a size 51? Looking for a picture of one with bottles. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MattMay

by MattMay

I’m selling my medium 3T Exploro LTD flat mount frameset including new Eacemax seatpost, 3TSuperlefgero bars and 3T Arx II stem, Wheels Manufacturing ceramic bearing bb…listed in Classified.

nottyfruit

by nottyfruit

Hi there,
Anyone here with a front derailleur bracket for the Exploro RaceMax that they have no use for and keen to sell?
I'm looking for one. Please anyone. Appreciate your help.
Thanks very much.

Chapter

by Chapter

Longtime-lurker and first forum-post;

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered an Exploro racemax size 51, should receive it this week.
I`ve been trying to find a out-front computer-mount for the Apto-stem. 3T says the barfly-version should work, but according to a forum-post on WW it`s not really suitable.
Does anyone have any insight/experience on what mount(s) that are compatible?
Thanks in advance.

sham

by sham

sham wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:29 am
JackieJunior wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:45 am
Sharing my frameset with a litle DIY spraycan-work.... Will add some more pics once the building process is back on track: this was just phase 1... Apologies for bad pics. (I am afraid it added some weight to the RTP frameset...)
Can I ask what your RTP frameset weighed before painting? I'm awaiting delivery of an RTP frameset in size 51 and would love to have some better estimates on weights as I will be keeping it as raw carbon for my build.
Took delivery of my RTP RaceMax in Size 51 last week. Just in case it is relevant to anyone, it weighed in at 1030g for the frame, and 449g for the fork with all accessories and mountings removed.
J.Guillem Orient 54 7.5kg
3T Exploro RaceMax 51 7.3kg

alexn15

by alexn15

Been using my Exploro Racemax for 6 months now and I can say that this can be the N-1 bike.

GRX Di2 front and rear derailleurs
Dura Ace hydraulic di2 levers
GRX flat mount brake calipers

Road Set up:
Lightbicycle rims laced to silver Carbon Ti hubs 56mm deep with 30mm external width
Tires are 32mm GP5000
Crank is Rotor Aldhu 50/34 x 11-32 Sram Red Cassette

ImageIMG_4168

ImageIMG_4170

ImageIMG_4171

Gravel Set up
Lightbicycle 650B AR36 rims laced to Hope Hubs 36mm deep with 30mm external width
Tires are Schwalbe All Round 650B x 2.25"
Crank is Rotor Aldhu 46/30 x 11-42 Shimano Cassette

ImageIMG_4166

ImageIMG_4165

ImageIMG_4160

ImageIMG_4162

damond

by damond

Beautiful exploro! congratulations!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓