New Exploro RaceMax

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/06/3t-exploro-racemax/

If I wasn't a hill climber or obsessed with metal bikes I would want one 🥰 looks like they finally sorted the seatpost 🤦‍♂️
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

bespoke

by bespoke

Was hoping for a thread on this. I think it looks mint
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

halcyongolf

by halcyongolf

Looks like a beauty. The paint schemes are very nice. The lack of full cable integration is interesting for an full on aero bike, but perhaps that's the compromise for service ease on a gravel bike.

For me, even as a gravel bike owner, I don't fully understand the market for a full on aero race gravel bike unless you're in the small minority of folks who are actually racing gravel versus particpating in events.

Road bikes with disc brakes and clearances for wide tires are pretty versatile with Stetina wining the BWR 2019 on a stock Trek Madone. Plus the weight check on GCN was rather brutal. The bike with a Force AXS 2x system and the new high end wheels came in at 9.09 kilos. My painted Carbonda 696 (same size 54) with 105 mechanic disc, tubed ghetto repurposed 50mm carbon wheels and huge Gravelking SK 40mm comes in just 65 grams heavier.

maquisard

by maquisard

The clearances to me seem completely impractical. I love the 3T Strada and the tight clearance around the rear wheel, on a frameset designed for fast road use that completely makes sense. The 3T Exploro on the otherhand is designed to be ridden on gravel and rough surfaces. With that in mind what will happen when it rains and the trails get muddy, that minimal clearance will easily fill with mud, grit and stones. Not only will debris in that gap slow you down, any hard debris like stones and grit will damage the frame. Furthermore if out riding and one knocks a wheel out of true or breaks a spoke, it will be very hard to re-true a wheel enough to allow it to rotate in that minimal space. Nice to ride on dusty, dry trails, pointless for genuine adventure riding.

fourfa

by fourfa

No one's forcing users to ride the absolute max tire that just barely fits. If you need clearance for mud (or fenders, or tall knobs instead of low knobs or no knobs) downsize to fit. My gravel bike fits 700x40s but if I cram in 700x45s and damage the frame with rocks, it's my fault

Js2

by Js2

Glad they got rid of the old derailleur hanger design and fix the seat post. On paper the Exploro is really nice, but its really limited in some ways as a do it all bike.

- The dropped chain stay really suck when it comes to running a 2x setup with a small ring. Even with clutch your chain will hit the dropped stays, aka limits your option in terms of chain set. The old Exploro min chainring size was listed as 34, with a max of 50. I was running easton ec90sl 47/32.

- The super beefy tubes really takes up all the space and not practical if you wanna run bottles with even a mini frame bag inside the triangle, I ride a size medium

- The old seatpost can't fit a di2 battery inside, so you would have to relocate it somewhere else, not sure if this is fixed.

New colorway looks much better on this current release.

sigma

by sigma

Js2 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:16 pm
Glad they got rid of the old derailleur hanger design and fix the seat post. On paper the Exploro is really nice, but its really limited in some ways as a do it all bike.

- The dropped chain stay really suck when it comes to running a 2x setup with a small ring. Even with clutch your chain will hit the dropped stays, aka limits your option in terms of chain set. The old Exploro min chainring size was listed as 34, with a max of 50. I was running easton ec90sl 47/32.

- The super beefy tubes really takes up all the space and not practical if you wanna run bottles with even a mini frame bag inside the triangle, I ride a size medium

- The old seatpost can't fit a di2 battery inside, so you would have to relocate it somewhere else, not sure if this is fixed.

New colorway looks much better on this current release.
I really like the red and white colorway but it appears to be unavailable. I am debating this versus the new Diverge or the Open Wide. Might think about a bike packing 3 day trip in the fall where the aero nature of the bike might actually be more of an asset.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Turns out the red and white was a custom painted RTP frame.. shame because is the best colour
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

Miles253

by Miles253

A really nice looking bike, anyone know what the clearance is on a 700c? I thought it was 40c but I can't see where I read that now...
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Think it is 700x42
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

AnkitS

by AnkitS

I guess I am the only one that really doesn't like either one of the colors.

AZR3

by AZR3

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:34 am
I guess I am the only one that really doesn't like either one of the colors.
Count me in that group too, not a fan at all

3xsu

by 3xsu

According to Gerard Vroomen, due to popular demand the red/white color will be available September/October.

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

Agree on the rear tire clearance concern but would be a fun all-around road bike. 28mm tires look small to me now, and seems like it'd be fun to ride 35-38 road tires all the time, regardless of the frame--assuming you're not on the pointy end of actual road racing.

crlincoln

by crlincoln

I like it... but not the colours!! plus my exploro is only 9 months old....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com