Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

boots2000

by boots2000

My guess is no new colors because they have not even been able to deliver these frames/bikes other than "sold units". I know of someone who recently ordered on online, USA, in stock, order went through with confirmations. He got an email a couple days later saying "order cancelled"- must have had less than they thought.
Also, many pro racers are racing on the Pro model. Pro was in stock when they got theirs, bike is selling so well they can't get another.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stlrider

by stlrider

Basscadet wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:29 pm
Can anyone speculate why Specialized has made it so difficult to access the Crux in a 2x configuration? I have to custom build one to get 2x, surely this is a joke? There is a very good reason that 1x gravel bikes sit in bike stores while the 2x variants get almost immediately snatched-up. Or at least that is the case in the US. Whether or not I want to build a bike is one thing but Specialized must recognize they're handicapping themselves with such a market strategy?

Very frustrating to me as a consumer and frankly just has me shopping Aspero or Addict Gravel instead.
At a guess -- because they couldn't source enough GRX groupsets when they built out the lineup, and SRAM's XPLR rear mechs are 1x specific.

Cattiy

by Cattiy

What are you thinking about Lael Wilcoxs Crux for the Badlands "race"?

I must say I find it quite danting.

Cattiy

by Cattiy

I must say I find it quite danting. Always wanted to try out my Epic HT with Drop Bars. This is the closest thing off the shelf :D

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

boots2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:37 pm
My guess is no new colors because they have not even been able to deliver these frames/bikes other than "sold units". I know of someone who recently ordered on online, USA, in stock, order went through with confirmations. He got an email a couple days later saying "order cancelled"- must have had less than they thought.
Also, many pro racers are racing on the Pro model. Pro was in stock when they got theirs, bike is selling so well they can't get another.
I was told directly by a Specialized dealer who has access to a large stock and fulfillment database that the colors are staying the same for the 2023 model year frames. Also stock will be very limited well through next year for the Crux models.

kgcx

by kgcx

yinzerniner wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:35 pm
boots2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:37 pm
I was told directly by a Specialized dealer who has access to a large stock and fulfillment database that the colors are staying the same for the 2023 model year frames. Also stock will be very limited well through next year for the Crux models.
Good to know, I guess I should just pull the trigger on the one in stock in my size. Thanks for the updates.

Ridinghigh

by Ridinghigh

Cattiy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:34 pm

I must say I find it quite danting. Always wanted to try out my Epic HT with Drop Bars. This is the closest thing off the shelf :D

Interesting that the 700x48 Oracle Ridge Tires fit.

fa63

by fa63

The bike is rated for 700x47c. I have fitted Panaracer Gravelking SK 700x50c tires in mine (which actually measured 50mm after mounting) with 4mm clearance on all sides.
Ridinghigh wrote:

Frisco

by Frisco

fa63 wrote:The bike is rated for 700x47c. I have fitted Panaracer Gravelking SK 700x50c tires in mine (which actually measured 50mm after mounting) with 4mm clearance on all sides.
Ridinghigh wrote:
Yeah confirmed. I had 700x50 on mine with same clearance also

photocycler

by photocycler

Curious if anyone has ridden both a crux and open u.p.? I have a crux and do like it but wanting something more road oriented that can still handle larger tires for occasional gravel. My crux has been doing well in all road mode but just wondering if the open would better suited.

Ridinghigh

by Ridinghigh

Frisco wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:43 am
fa63 wrote:The bike is rated for 700x47c. I have fitted Panaracer Gravelking SK 700x50c tires in mine (which actually measured 50mm after mounting) with 4mm clearance on all sides.
Ridinghigh wrote:
Yeah confirmed. I had 700x50 on mine with same clearance also
Was this with a front derailleur? I understand that the derailleur (particularly the battery) reduces tire clearance.

fa63

by fa63

No, 1x.
Ridinghigh wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:45 pm
Was this with a front derailleur? I understand that the derailleur (particularly the battery) reduces tire clearance.

fa63

by fa63

I have spent some time on a friend's Open U.P. and I currently own a Crux. The Crux is a better bike in every aspect in my opinion, both on the road and on gravel. Better comfort all around, better tire clearance for gravel, none of the poorly thought-out frame details that is on the Open U.P. (press-fit BB, awful internal routing, etc.).
photocycler wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:18 am
Curious if anyone has ridden both a crux and open u.p.? I have a crux and do like it but wanting something more road oriented that can still handle larger tires for occasional gravel. My crux has been doing well in all road mode but just wondering if the open would better suited.

photocycler

by photocycler

fa63 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:47 am
I have spent some time on a friend's Open U.P. and I currently own a Crux. The Crux is a better bike in every aspect in my opinion, both on the road and on gravel. Better comfort all around, better tire clearance for gravel, none of the poorly thought-out frame details that is on the Open U.P. (press-fit BB, awful internal routing, etc.).
photocycler wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:18 am
Ughh...was thinking that may be the case

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ridinghigh

by Ridinghigh

fa63 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:44 am
No, 1x.
Ridinghigh wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:45 pm
Hmmm, I want to try those Rene Herse tires but I probably should just get the Tufo Thunderos as my winter/rough terrain tire in a 700x44. It would be cheaper anyways.