Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

niklasp

by niklasp

ViperFFM wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:37 pm
Integrated cables?
Hope not, but I dont know... Those computer drawings are not so accurate.
49 52 54 56 58 61
Stack 530 547 560 578 598 621
Reach 375 382 388 397 405 415

Crux 10R framset colours (dont know region):
Gloss carbon/smoke/grey granite.
gloss coral lilac fade / carbon / limestone / papaya / grey / black.
Satin dusty blue / ice papaya.

Next up: Someone who works for a dealer can just share more and correct info. Its out there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

niklasp wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:39 pm

S-works gets fact 12 carbon, the rest is downgraded to fact 10 (previously all models had fact 11 carbon). S-works frameset is very expensive at about 5000€, but the good stuff was a "fact 10 crux frameset" for only 3300€. Previous S-works frameset was about 2700€.
Soooo, let's downgrade the frame from 11r to 10r (not sure if it's any real change), then charge 600€ more than the previous S-Works. Also, just about double the cost for the S-Works frame. Specialized being Specialized again.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

stoney

by stoney

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:49 pm
Soooo, let's downgrade the frame from 11r to 10r (not sure if it's any real change), then charge 600€ more than the previous S-Works. Also, just about double the cost for the S-Works frame. Specialized being Specialized again.
Specialized will charge as much as the market will pay. As long as they are selling out of all frames and models prices will continue to increase.

niklasp

by niklasp

If prices are accurate, they won't sell many crux bikes though. There are other brands also.

andrewbn42

by andrewbn42

New crux seen at Vermont overland. Under Ian Boswell and Magalie Rochette. Looks like it takes a lot from the aethos.
I have a couple pictures on my phone, but the quality is so low that I’m not sure they’re worth posting. I don’t know if I have enough posts anyway.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

pretty rad they rode cross bikes. 2.5-3.5 hr race guess you dont need all the superfluos grav stuff.

Mirco

by Mirco

andrewbn42 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:09 am
New crux seen at Vermont overland. Under Ian Boswell and Magalie Rochette. Looks like it takes a lot from the aethos.
I have a couple pictures on my phone, but the quality is so low that I’m not sure they’re worth posting. I don’t know if I have enough posts anyway.
Pictures would be nice anyway. Looking forward the new crux, still riding the actual one since 4 years now.

allrandomletters

by allrandomletters

From the Vermont Overland Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTKhBQ4gvE ... _copy_link

At 1:00 Ian Boswell finishes on the (assumed) new Crux. Camera pans around both sides of the bike to show it off pretty well.

Notable visible features:
Seat stays meet the top tube, not dropped like the Diverge.
Top tube looks oversized and tapers towards seattube like the Aethos
Top tube appears to slope down more than current Crux
Downtube tapers from oversized round shape near headtube to smaller ovalized box shape at bottom bracket (like Aethos)
Cable port cover is visible on the topside of the downtube. Seems it will accomodate both mechanical and electonic groups (like Aethos Pro).
Non-integrated cables
Traditional seattube with standard collar clamp (prior Crux has seattube flush with toptube and integrated internal clamp)
Chainstays are straight, not dropped (for this, I don't expect tire clearance to change much)

Frame design does looks very close to the Aethos.

For comparison, Lance Haidet finishes at 5:55 riding the current Crux.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

niiice! thanks for posting. the seat clamp is a breath of fresh air. i dont like the dropped top tube "compact" look. Santa Cruz did this with their newest Stigmata. Too much seatpost flex IMO and looks funky if youre over 6 foot. that said, this one doesn't look too bad.

in general, its interesting to see the tube diameters shrink so much. i think the current crux looks very scultped and we've been told forever that oversize tubing nets an increate in S/W ratio. i wonder what the tech is behind the move to smaller tubes.

overall, good looking bike albeit a little generic; but im all for function over form (if thats the driver)

allrandomletters

by allrandomletters

I own both the current Crux and Aethos Pro.

The current Crux used the flush seat tube to top tube to get more exposed seat post and compliance in spite of the nearly horizontal top tube. I think the sloping top tube "compact" look is better for everyone under 6 foot.

The Aethos tube shapes work together to create a stiff front end for confident handling, and predictable and linear deflection for the rest of the bike to provide some degree of flex for grip, compliance and comfort. Peter Denk talked about this extensively with multiple reviewers. Optimized layup and FEA design is used to keep high S/W ratio.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

good input. optimized layup and FEA is every year, every bike.

what you mentinoned is what the current Crux excels at massively already: feedback and a measured amount of flex when driving the bike hard in CX-type corners. Will be very very difficult to improve upon - it's that good already.

niklasp

by niklasp

Finally seen in the wild. Wonder which date the embargo will end? The "old" one is a looker so Ill stick with that one I guess. The price is a bit high on the new one...

The diverge is the mule with slack angles and stuff. Guess this will be the "gravel RACEbike from specialized. I think the current one has won dirty kanza without all those mounts so...

andrewbn42

by andrewbn42

Yeah, I heard him saying that this is not the sworks frame too. Magilie Rochette had one of those. Didn’t see if it had a cable port. My pictures also give less detail than that, as I took them on the start line while they were lining up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

niklasp wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:56 am
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTN-cU3sTpF ... =copy_link maghalies bike.
Tire clearance looks massive, otherwise a very nice bike. I'm curious to see the final specs and paint schemes.

As much as i am a specialized fanboy, i feel like the aspero r offers the better package given the info we have at the moment