Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

I guess this means that the given frame weights by Spesh are for the raw and unpainted frames 🙄.

Good marketing this is ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

ChrisRideLog wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:05 pm
Frame weight summary

Claimed frame weight by Specialized
725g | 56cm | S-Works Crux (12R)
825g | 56cm | Crux (10R)

Actual frame weight
747g | 54cm | S-Works Crux (12R) | Satin Brushed Liquid Silver/Gloss Black/Smoke Marble/Gold Diamond Dust
780g | 56cm | S-Works Crux (12R) | Satin Carbon/Spectraflair/Gloss Abalone
790g | 56cm | S-Works Crux (12R) | Satin Brushed Liquid Silver/Gloss Black/Smoke Marble/Gold Diamond Dust
860g | 52cm | Crux (10R) | Satin Dusty Blue/Ice Papaya // Fork: 400g
870g | 52cm | Crux (10R) | Gloss Coral Lilac Fade/Carbon/Limestone/Papaya/Grey/Black

Looking forward for more input :beerchug:
@legpower, does the 747g include the rear der hanger, seatpost clamp, and bottle cage bolts? Just want to make sure the weights are all comparable. Not sure what the "standard" should be.

I was able to get my 780 listed above down to 740 without the rear der hanger, seatpost clamp, and 4 bottle cage bolts (forgot the 2 under the downtube). Left the tiny fr der bolts in (not the ones used for a 2x build), as well as the plate on the downtube for mechanical builds. As @ryanw has pointed out, there is a somewhat beefy chainstay protector and a thinner sheet of protection for the downtube, so I don't think the 725 is unreasonable for a truly naked frame. I've seen worse from Spesh-one of my ex-frames was the infamous Tarmac SL6 Ultralight. Amazing how far we have come-this Crux disc frame built for gravel is lighter than that top of the line rim brake road frame from not too long ago.

whinefields

by whinefields

cycleboyco wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:04 pm
ChrisRideLog wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:05 pm
Frame weight summary

Claimed frame weight by Specialized
725g | 56cm | S-Works Crux (12R)
825g | 56cm | Crux (10R)

Actual frame weight
747g | 54cm | S-Works Crux (12R) | Satin Brushed Liquid Silver/Gloss Black/Smoke Marble/Gold Diamond Dust
780g | 56cm | S-Works Crux (12R) | Satin Carbon/Spectraflair/Gloss Abalone
790g | 56cm | S-Works Crux (12R) | Satin Brushed Liquid Silver/Gloss Black/Smoke Marble/Gold Diamond Dust
860g | 52cm | Crux (10R) | Satin Dusty Blue/Ice Papaya // Fork: 400g
870g | 52cm | Crux (10R) | Gloss Coral Lilac Fade/Carbon/Limestone/Papaya/Grey/Black

Looking forward for more input :beerchug:
@legpower, does the 747g include the rear der hanger, seatpost clamp, and bottle cage bolts? Just want to make sure the weights are all comparable. Not sure what the "standard" should be.

I was able to get my 780 listed above down to 740 without the rear der hanger, seatpost clamp, and 4 bottle cage bolts (forgot the 2 under the downtube). Left the tiny fr der bolts in (not the ones used for a 2x build), as well as the plate on the downtube for mechanical builds. As @ryanw has pointed out, there is a somewhat beefy chainstay protector and a thinner sheet of protection for the downtube, so I don't think the 725 is unreasonable for a truly naked frame. I've seen worse from Spesh-one of my ex-frames was the infamous Tarmac SL6 Ultralight. Amazing how far we have come-this Crux disc frame built for gravel is lighter than that top of the line rim brake road frame from not too long ago.
If you were able to get your frame down to 740, I think I need to reweigh mine. I removed the seatpost clamp, rear derailleur hanger, all six bottle cage bolts, and the plate on the down tube. The only thing I forgot to remove was the front derailleur screws. And still I was at 790! I get that a size 54 will weigh somewhat less, but 43 grams? Does that seem right, especially when the satin carbon comes in at 740 in the same size as mine?

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Gavin929 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:04 am
No need to be rude. I never saw your previous post. I do find it odd that no one has mentioned this besides you.
It's because he's wrong. ITA shells maybe wider than BSA, but the total width of an ITA BB is not because the cups are thinner. Just out of boredom I measured a couple of setups today and an installed ITA shimano BB was actually 0.5mm narrower than a Shimano BSA.

So while he might have got away running 2mm of spacers on a shimano crank it is not designed to work like that, not for ITA or anything else.

wattzup7

by wattzup7

any intel on when we will see the Crux Pro completes in the USA?

RyanH

by RyanH

I'm going to hazard a guess and say it'll be awhile considering frames are backordered to Q1 of 2022 last I heard.

dzl

by dzl

My bike shop has no idea when my Crux Pro will come in, but it's a smaller shop. I ordered it the first weekend it was available.

As a data point, Erik's Bike Shop (of Chicagoland area) website is showing delivery of the Crux Pro in 12 days....so who knows?

wattzup7

by wattzup7

I'm looking for a 61cm Pro complete and a local shop to me has a 61cm S-works complete....tempting, but not really sure I want to spend 4k+ for the S-works complete....especially when I like the colorway of the pro better....ohhh, and I'm no lightweight so not sure the weight difference matters to me (probably shouldn't say that on the weight weenies forum).

Gavin929

by Gavin929

Found someone on Instagram running a 50/37 on his new crux. Waiting for a response to see if he had to do any mods/spacing.

NLC86

by NLC86

What is the real difference between the Fact 12 frameset and the Fact 10 one besides the weight?

LegPower

by LegPower

NLC86 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:57 pm
What is the real difference between the Fact 12 frameset and the Fact 10 one besides the weight?
The S-Works logo and bragging rights 8)

Besides, this is WW where we spend too much money to make our bikes lighter instead of drinking one less beer the night before! Haha

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

It's the hobby where 6.79makes you a lot happier than 6.81 even if it meant paying 10,000 instead of 4,000 😏
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

LegPower wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:08 pm
NLC86 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:57 pm
The S-Works logo and bragging rights 8)

Besides, this is WW where we spend too much money to make our bikes lighter instead of drinking one less beer the night before! Haha
Since they quote 100g difference, it would be funny to walk up to some one with the S-Works and be like, is that an S-Works? Then squirt out some water in you bottle and be like, look I have one, too. 100ml = 100g.

The 10r frame doesn't come with a seat post.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

RyanH

by RyanH

This is a 34t, pretty tight clearance.

Gavin929

by Gavin929

Confirmed the 50/37 works with the owner on instagram, but there are limitations to the width of tire. He was running 30c tubeless road tires that probably measure a bit wider without issue. I wonder if it has to do with spacing of the sram dub bottom bracket / crankset versus the SRM you are using. It's all about trial and error at this point I guess...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com