Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

whinefields wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:42 pm
ryanw wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:11 pm
Great bike! Hope your pedals last longer than mine did!
Thanks! I went with the xpedo's after seeing them on your Open build. Mine creak like crazy. Do yours? Any tips to reduce the noise?
I've two pairs in for warranty with Starbike. Both right pedals have lateral play and knock / creak.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

mathias720

by mathias720

i am almost done with my crux pro build
its a size 56
atm. its at 7465 gram with spd pedals in gravel setup
and 6685 gram in road setup (still spd pedals)
i am going to throw a pair of xpedo road pedals on it to try. will save around 50 gram.
overall i am very happy, but may be looking into trying some rene herse tires and maybe another lighter wheelset for gravel setup. will look at farsport for gravel wheels aswell as i have my road whells from them atm.
i can post i complete list of parts with weight if anyone want.
i cant for the love of god figure how to post pictures any other way than a link
so i have added 4 photos. pictures arent great atm. as i havent ridden it outside as i have a bad knee atm.
https://ibb.co/Bqn4X04
https://ibb.co/rygqTvZ
https://ibb.co/1Jx79fp
https://ibb.co/pbpDyBg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rjich

by rjich

If you have a moment then I would be interested to hear how you set up road Vs gravel also to lose so much weight delta there. On mine I just change the tires and drop about 350gm. But I'm a mere amateur in this WW world.

Mirco

by Mirco

rjich wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:50 am
If you have a moment then I would be interested to hear how you set up road Vs gravel also to lose so much weight delta there. On mine I just change the tires and drop about 350gm. But I'm a mere amateur in this WW world.
It´s easy, showing the scale without bike. :noidea:

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Mirco wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:33 am
rjich wrote:
Let's be real here. Faking scales readings is easy AF. Lift the bike until the scales show the wanted result (say 6.79kg), wait until the result is logged in. Now lift the bike completely off the floor and take the photo. Tada.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

mathias720

by mathias720

[/quote]

Ohh wow. are we really at that point, i can certainly take pictures with the bike aswell. its no competition so dont see any point in cheating.

mathias720

by mathias720

rjich wrote:
from road to gravel i change wheels. with different cassete and tires, i also change the chain to accomodate the other cassette.
i have attatched pictures of my excel sheet with both setups. they are all wieghed individually.

i am planing for a set of road pedals aswell to go with the road setup and drop around 50gram.

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

whinefields wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:27 pm
Just got the bike back from the shop. Came in at a respectable 6.7kg fully loaded.

Great looking bike build. Looks like you are running a P2M power meter. Can you give us a complete parts list of the build? Also why did you go with non GRX shifters?
Thanks

whinefields

by whinefields

toronto-rider wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:23 pm

Great looking bike build. Looks like you are running a P2M power meter. Can you give us a complete parts list of the build? Also why did you go with non GRX shifters?
Thanks
Of course! Sorry for the delay. Been busy with work. Here's the build list:

Frame: S-Works Crux in Satin Brushed Liquid Silver/Gloss Black/Smoke Marble/Gold Diamond Dust 56
Seatpost: Roval Alpinist Carbon Seatpost
Seat: Berk Dila Padded
Stem: Darimo Carbon stem IX2 100mm
Bar: Darimo Carbon Ellipse 420mm
Bartape: Zipp Service Course CX
Rotors: Shimano XT RT-MT800 Centerlock Disc Rotor
Front derailleur: Shimano GRX FD-RX815-F
Rear derailleur: Shimano GRX RD-RX815
Crankset: Power2Max Gravel NG Easton w/ EC90 SL Cranks
Bottom Bracket: Kogel BSA Bottom Bracket
Chainrings: 2x Rotor Chainring 48/31
Chain: XTR/Dura-Ace CN-HG901
Shifters: Dura-Ace 9170
Cassette: Omni Racer 11-32
Rims: MCFK Gravel Disc 35 mm
Hubs: DT Swiss 180 Road Straightpull Center Lock Hubs
Spokes: SAPIM Spoke CX Ray bladed black
Tires: 700C x 44 Snoqualmie Pass EL
Pedals: XPEDO M-Force 8 Ti
Garmin mounts: Alpitude Stelvio x Darimo IX4 (on its way)

Honestly, I'd love to say I went with Dura-Ace shifters and brakes for the weight. But truthfully, I prefer the feel of the DA hoods over the GRX hoods.

whinefields

by whinefields

ryanw wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:15 am
whinefields wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:42 pm
ryanw wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:11 pm
Great bike! Hope your pedals last longer than mine did!
Thanks! I went with the xpedo's after seeing them on your Open build. Mine creak like crazy. Do yours? Any tips to reduce the noise?
I've two pairs in for warranty with Starbike. Both right pedals have lateral play and knock / creak.
Oof. That's not good. I switched out my Shimano cleats for the Xpedo ones that came with the shoes and so far, the creaking went away. But I'm a little worried to hear about that lateral play.

whinefields

by whinefields

mathias720 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:49 am

from road to gravel i change wheels. with different cassete and tires, i also change the chain to accomodate the other cassette.
i have attatched pictures of my excel sheet with both setups. they are all wieghed individually.

i am planing for a set of road pedals aswell to go with the road setup and drop around 50gram.
What shifters are you using?

Mirco

by Mirco

It´s included in "brakes". Force AXS I think.

rjich

by rjich

Thank you. What a comprehensive response.
mathias720 wrote:
rjich wrote:

mathias720

by mathias720

whinefields wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:49 pm
mathias720 wrote:

What shifters are you using?
Shifters are force axs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Loukas

by Loukas

whinefields wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 pm
duffaux wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:49 pm

Beautiful
What are the rings sizes?
Do yo have enought clearance with the frame?
Can you put photos?
If you follow Soe specifications, you can mount 2 rings with Easton Cranks
Thanks for the compliment! The rings are a subcompact 48/31. Unlike GRX, which has two different chainrings, this is a single machined ring made by Rotor. There's plenty of tire clearance left, even running 700x44. I'll post some pics later today.
Nice indeed!, I'm thinking of a crux frame and install a GRX Di2 2x that I already have on another bike (std 48/31 rings), but was concerned about the clearance because of the Front derailleur, do you think you can still get the clearance to allow a 47mm as advertised? I really want to use 45mm tires at least