Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hls2k6

by Hls2k6

Apparently, US dealers were allowed to order the new Crux beginning at 11 est this morning. I ordered the S-Works, and was told it would be here in early October.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dontpanic

by dontpanic

samarskyrider wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:16 pm
dontpanic wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:53 pm
Just bought a 2020 Crux and want to drop the weight a bit.
https://www.specialized.com/se/en/crux- ... 650-171344

The spec says Praxis Zayante, BB30. I will get the bike fist next week. Anyone know which Zayante crankset this is.

Zayante Carbon-S or the lighter Zayante Carbon? Or some other older version?

If it is the heavier one, is the best buy then a Zayante Carbon to save som weight? Since I guess the BB is the same then it would be a easy switch.
Or go for some other crankset?
Go with SRAM carbon cranks like Force or Red. No need to hassle with Praxis. However, proper wheels will impact your ride more than different crankset
Funny thing. The Praxis installed alu crank was 1g heavier than my Force 1X crank. Så wount bother switching,

gwerziou

by gwerziou

Hls2k6 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:43 pm
Apparently, US dealers were allowed to order the new Crux beginning at 11 est this morning. I ordered the S-Works, and was told it would be here in early October.
When you say you ordered it, do you mean as a dealer or as a cyclist? I would be extremely reluctant to order a bike without a deep look at the geometry chart and particulars, at the very least.
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

Hls2k6

by Hls2k6

gwerziou wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:31 pm
Hls2k6 wrote:
When you say you ordered it, do you mean as a dealer or as a cyclist? I would be extremely reluctant to order a bike without a deep look at the geometry chart and particulars, at the very least.
As a cyclist. I know both my fit coordinates & the stack & reach, so all good. It's a gravel race geometry & that's precisely my intended use, so I'm not exactly worried they got the HTA 0.5* too shallow or the BB 0.5cm too low.

samarskyrider

by samarskyrider

@dontpanic

Weight the component before changing it to smth else "lighter"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwerziou

by gwerziou

Hls2k6 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:55 pm
gwerziou wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:31 pm
Hls2k6 wrote:
As a cyclist. I know both my fit coordinates & the stack & reach, so all good. It's a gravel race geometry & that's precisely my intended use, so I'm not exactly worried they got the HTA 0.5* too shallow or the BB 0.5cm too low.
Oh, is there a geometry chart out for public consumption?

Hls2k6

by Hls2k6

Not sure if there's a geometry chart published anywhere yet. I was just told the stack & reach of my size by my LBS. Sorry!

niklasp

by niklasp

Will the big S kill me in my bed / sue me to Kabul if I share the geo?

andrewbn42

by andrewbn42

niklasp wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am
Will the big S kill me in my bed / sue me to Kabul if I share the geo?
Nah, otherwise there would have been a lot of suits from the SL7 thread.

cerro

by cerro

dontpanic: Get a direct mount chainring for the Force crank and you will save weight :)

niklasp

by niklasp

I suck at unloading pictures. Here is the geo data

rothwem

by rothwem

Ah, interesting, they pushed the top tube out ~10mm but they kept the HTA nice and sharp, I'll bet that handles pretty nicely. I wonder what the frame weight is on the 10R vs the current 11R though. Not sure I want to downgrade to less R's.

gwerziou

by gwerziou

:? It looks nice, but did they really raise prices considerably and also downgrade the carbon?

RNAV

by RNAV

dontpanic wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Funny thing. The Praxis installed alu crank was 1g heavier than my Force 1X crank. Så wount bother switching,
It appears your Force 1X crank was weighed without chain ring bolts.

BTW, Sram Red cranksets are lighter than Force, so that's where you could see weight savings. Or go THM Clavicula?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nateners

by nateners

RNAV wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:56 pm
dontpanic wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:26 pm

It appears your Force 1X crank was weighed without chain ring bolts.

BTW, Sram Red cranksets are lighter than Force, so that's where you could see weight savings. Or go THM Clavicula?
It also appears the Praxxis are 172.5mm with a 40t chainring compared to the 175mm cranks and 42t ring of the Force.