Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

boots2000

by boots2000

I only weighed it with all hardware, bolts, hanger, seat collar. My recollection was that it was 920 like that. So I think it is accurate. I bet their 820 weight is a smaller frame with zero hardware and less paint ;)
perrierperrier wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:46 pm
boots2000 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:51 pm
Finally got this one built 2022 54cm Crux Pro in 54cm. 16.80 lb with cages

Looks great mate! Did you happen to put the frame and fork on the scale before the build? Curious what the Pro frameset weighs. I'm sure if been posted on here before but thought I would ask ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks!

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

perrierperrier wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:46 pm

Looks great mate! Did you happen to put the frame and fork on the scale before the build? Curious what the Pro frameset weighs. I'm sure if been posted on here before but thought I would ask ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks!
Look back a few pages. I posted my 58.

Frame, 58: 934g
Fork, uncut: 383g
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

urturt

by urturt

Summer setup.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Finally got the frameset built up. Only thing left to do is cut the steerer. 8kg as shown.

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

BikeTyson wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:27 am
Finally got the frameset built up. Only thing left to do is cut the steerer. 8kg as shown.

Wow! Your Crux does look amazing in this Color

pedalstriker

by pedalstriker

BikeTyson wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:27 am

That's a really sharp looking build. How has it been to ride so far?

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

pedalstriker wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:04 pm

That's a really sharp looking build. How has it been to ride so far?
Awesome so far. I've only taken it on a couple mostly tarmac rides but it's great. Really snappy. It's also a good kilo and a half lighter than my previous gravel bike (AL Checkpoint). Can't wait to get some longer rides on it.

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfhQ4RVLZVv/?hl=en

Project Unicron
Long story to get the bike together, it took 6 months of sourcing parts and other hold-ups.
Wanted to buy a frame back in November, but there were non for sale. Contacted a bunch of stores in the US asking if they were getting any frames in Stock (In Canada, the frame-only option is not offered)
Got Fed up in April, close to my 50th birthday, and emailed 8 people who work directly for Specialized, saying I was looking to buy a frame, can they help me. 3 got back to me and one directed me to a store in Michigan that had a 56cm frame ins stock. I was only interested in the blue/ice papaya frame color, even though I had never seen a bike or frame in person.

Sourced the parts from all over the world, as I wanted just GRX shifters and no calipers, as I was planning to get the new 12-speed Ultegra calipers, as supposed there is more space between the calipers compared to the older generation.
That took some time, as no one was willing to sell me just 12-speed calipers, I could buy a complete group, but not individual parts locally.
Got a store to contact Shimano USA and they had them in stock and got them fairly easy.
Went with 4iiii Powermeter as there is space compared to my current Open gravel bike.

As I had waited so long for the frame, and did not like ice papaya, compared to my beautiful blue Open frame, decided to get custom Blue sparkle graphics made for the bike. There is someone local who does amazing Wride wrap applications and decided to wrap the whole bike over the decals.
The result was it turned the matt dull finish of the frame into one that sparkles in the sun with the gloss wrap on the bike.

I love color and hate black anything when I see someone in a high-end car with double black (black exterior and black interior) I cringe. Especially Porsches when PTS is offered.

Still nowhere near as nice as the Blue color of the Open is, but I was not willing to pay $2k and up to get the frame custom painted.

Went with a straight Seatpost as all my bikes use a straight Seatpost for the past 10 years, but with the 1-degree change in the seat Angle, actually needs a setback Seatpost which I picked up after these pics were taken.
Steerer still has to be cut, once the final fit is dialed in.

Complete Build
Crux frame 56cm - custom wrapped and decals
GRXDi2
Roval Terra Seatpost and Handlebar
Zipp SL stem and out-front computer mount
4iiii leftr side powwermeter
Enve G23 with 700 x 40 Continental tires
Reynolds 650 B with 650x 42 RH with Pumpkin Ridge tires
Tacx bottle cages (2 because who rides gravel or any bike with one bottle cage???)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by toronto-rider on Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

Just showing the Sparkle in the Sun from the wrap.

chupster98

by chupster98

Nice looking bike ! Can i ask you to share the name of the wrap vendor please - I'm in the same boat agonizing over spending the $$ to repaint & have not been able to decide.

Thx

L
2020 Giant Revolt Advanced 0
2016 Giant TCR Advanced SL
2014 Santa Cruz 5010 CC

rothwem

by rothwem

toronto-rider wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:10 am
Sourced the parts from all over the world, as I wanted just GRX shifters and no calipers, as I was planning to get the new 12-speed Ultegra calipers, as supposed there is more space between the calipers compared to the older generation.
That took some time, as no one was willing to sell me just 12-speed calipers, I could buy a complete group, but not individual parts locally.
Got a store to contact Shimano USA and they had them in stock and got them fairly easy.
How do you like the GRX shifter/Ultegra Caliper combo? I've heard some reports that the lever engages a bit too close to the bar with the new calipers on older levers.

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

chupster98 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:12 pm
Nice looking bike ! Can i ask you to share the name of the wrap vendor please - I'm in the same boat agonizing over spending the $$ to repaint & have not been able to decide.

Thx

L
https://signandgraphicstoronto.com/?utm ... mpaign=gmb
To be honest, I just called vinyl print shops in my area, the one I dealt with had the Specailized logos in their database. Went to the shop and picked out the vinyl I wanted.
However I think any good vinyl printing shop will be able to do the same.

What I did do is put the graphics under the wrap, so that they would not be effected by the elments.
Last edited by toronto-rider on Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

rothwem wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:00 pm
toronto-rider wrote:
How do you like the GRX shifter/Ultegra Caliper combo? I've heard some reports that the lever engages a bit too close to the bar with the new calipers on older levers.
Can you clarify, what you mean by "engages a bit too close to the bar" what bar are you referring to, the handle bar?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rothwem

by rothwem

toronto-rider wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:37 pm
rothwem wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:00 pm
toronto-rider wrote:
Can you clarify, what you mean by "engages a bit too close to the bar" what bar are you referring to, the handle bar?
Yes, the handlebar. Ie, the bite point for the brakes is too far into the lever travel. Have you found this to be the case on your setup?