Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

gSporco

by gSporco

UltralightSL62018 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:29 pm
Vik61 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:18 pm
UltralightSL62018 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:08 am
To correct this, the 2021 CruX Expert has a wide chainline due to the 1x setup confirmed by SRAM.
Proof?
S-works and Expert have a same geometry, bb and other. Only carbon fiber different types.

The above was confirmed last Saturday when the wide version power meter was succesfully installed, matching the length of factory arm and spindle.
Not sure what you are trying to say here.. 2022 Crux has a 68mm wide BB shell.. sram AXS wide crank is 5mm longer than non wide AXS crankset.. AXS wide pushes the chainline outboard by 2.5mm. This has no bearing on the frame specifications of the Crux.. You can run a wide or non-wide AXS crankset; the Crux isn't designed for any "one" type of crank length.. You run AXS wide when you are using AXS Wide Front Derailleur, and non for the non wide crankset..
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

UltralightSL62018

by UltralightSL62018

gSporco wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:34 pm
UltralightSL62018 wrote:
Vik61 wrote:
UltralightSL62018 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:08 am
To correct this, the 2021 CruX Expert has a wide chainline due to the 1x setup confirmed by SRAM.
Proof?
S-works and Expert have a same geometry, bb and other. Only carbon fiber different types.

The above was confirmed last Saturday when the wide version power meter was succesfully installed, matching the length of factory arm and spindle.
Not sure what you are trying to say here.. 2022 Crux has a 68mm wide BB shell.. sram AXS wide crank is 5mm longer than non wide AXS crankset.. AXS wide pushes the chainline outboard by 2.5mm. This has no bearing on the frame specifications of the Crux.. You can run a wide or non-wide AXS crankset; the Crux isn't designed for any "one" type of crank length.. You run AXS wide when you are using AXS Wide Front Derailleur, and non for the non wide crankset..
I just bought a 2022 Crux Expert and need a power meter. SRAM/Quarq makes a power meter kits for Rival cranksets. They offer kits in normal and wide chainlines. My original question was which one do I need. SRAM tech support answered it; wide chainline for the Crux Expert.

gSporco

by gSporco

UltralightSL62018 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:55 pm
gSporco wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:34 pm
UltralightSL62018 wrote:
Vik61 wrote:

Proof?

I just bought a 2022 Crux Expert and need a power meter. SRAM/Quarq makes a power meter kits for Rival cranksets. They offer kits in normal and wide chainlines. My original question was which one do I need. SRAM tech support answered it; wide chainline for the Crux Expert.
Well IDK how accurate that is.. you only need Wide spindle crank if you plan to run a Wide AXS FD.. the only other things that would make you want to go wide if you are "not" using the wide FD is as follows:
1. You want a wider Qfactor: +2.5mm on each side
2. You want to purposely move your chain line outboard by 2.5mm to favor the bottom half of the cassette in a 1x, with a sacrifice to more of an extreme angled chainline in the larger cogs
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

takolino

by takolino

Wide will also give you more tire clearance for the AXS FD battery.

gSporco

by gSporco

takolino wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:13 pm
Wide will also give you more tire clearance for the AXS FD battery.
This is only achieved by using the wide AXS derailleur.. the wide axs crank only moves the drive side ring/rings out by 2.5mm not the derailleur... the derailleur is obviously separate and the wide version extwnds 2.5mm more away from the hanger compared to the no wide derailleur..
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

takolino

by takolino

Sorry, that's what I meant. Obviously, the wide crank won't magically move the battery over. "Wide" as the Sram designation for their components will give you more tire clearance at the FD battery is what I should have said.

Out of curiosity, how do owners of Wide setup find their big/big performance? Does it work ok? Seems the cross chaining would be too extreme and cause excess noise and friction.

duffaux

by duffaux

Hello
I like a lot the new Crux
I want it to replace my Road frame and use it as a road/gravel/cx bike
The habitual use will be as a Road bike so i want 2 rings. (Ideal 52/36 or at least 50/34)
For Road I will use 25mm tubeless
For Gravel 38mm and for cx 33mm wide
I actually have THM Clavicula SE with rotor oval 52/36 and Shimano 9170 transmission
Im not sure ir is possible this installation
What is the máximum ring size to mantain clearance betewen the frame and rings?
I will not install big gravel tires, máximum 38mm
The crank limitation on the Specialized web are for the tires and front derailleur or for the rings and frame clearance?
Anyone with similar mounting?
Thanks
Regards from Spain

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

Has anybody seen the following paintjob in the wild already?

I received the information that the frameset is supposed to be sold out but I highly doubt it as it was not even launched in reality according to my knowledge.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

someone on youtube has AXS red with 50/37 .. if you go no larger then 38 clearance with FD should be fine. Seems the clearance issues are down to the rings/seatstays.

I mean chainstays
Last edited by spdntrxi on Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

double post
Last edited by ChrisRideLog on Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jayjay

by jayjay

ChrisRideLog wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:56 pm
I received the information that the frameset is supposed to be sold out but I highly doubt it as it was not even launched in reality according to my knowledge.
Nice paintjob! Haven't seen this one anywhere before.

jayjay

by jayjay

Has anyone tried to fit a Shimano 50/34 road crankset yet?

duffaux

by duffaux

spdntrxi wrote:someone on youtube has AXS red with 50/37 .. if you go no larger then 38 clearance with FD should be fine. Seems the clearance issues are down to the rings/seatstays.
I will use di2 11V and 38mm tires Max
The main problem will be chainring size

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

cbro

by cbro

ChrisRideLog wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:56 pm

InCycle had at least one in 56cm in early October. I took too long deciding between that color scheme and the dusty blue/payaya and it was gone within a few minutes (I assume someone else bought it), so that made the decision for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

texano999

by texano999

what about crux with 50-34 durace Di2 9200 with the 11-34 cassette ...should be lvery light bike and with 1:1 ratio gear ...I am wondering the max tyre size in the back?