Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

req110

by req110

Mentioned hardware is usually not supplied with complete bikes. Only framesets.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dzl

by dzl

My Pro did not come with the front hanger. I had to purchase it separately. Also, it only came with the downtube port cover for electronic groupsets.

BRyder

by BRyder

Hi,
What are a few remaining places to save some weight of my Crux Expert.
I have already, changed out wheels, seatpost, tyres, handlebars, cranks, Rd, cassette.

Are there other porky/weighty pieces to swap out?

Kind regards
BRyder

rjich

by rjich

I would think you got the quick wins there already.
If you haven't replaced a part yet then there is probably a lighter option! Saddle, stem, discs, tubes if using, (pedals) etc. None of those parts are particularly heavy stock pieces, but if you spend a lot of £ then it will be lighter after!

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Then there's the smaller parts and thus smaller savings: expander plug, seat post collar, bottle cage bolts. Mine has a foam frame protector on the chainstay, not sure what it weighs but maybe switch to some helicopter tape for a couple grams.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

BRyder

by BRyder

Thanks.
I'm guessing rotors and saddle might be the last place to save easy chunks of weight without going to the extremes.

I'll save the extremes for last.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Just weighed the Roval Terra seatpost that came with the bike and it's chunky at 224g. They sell the S-Works with the Alpinist post so obviously they think it's ok for CX and gravel. Other options for a lighter post? I do plan to race and weigh 85kg.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

boots2000

by boots2000

Finally got this one built 2022 54cm Crux Pro in 54cm. 16.80 lb with cages, pedals and Wahoo front mount ;)
Frame- Crux pro 54cm painted
Stem- S Works 110mm
Bars- Enve AR 40cm
Seatpost- Enve 25mm setback
Saddle- Pro Stealth Carbon curved 140mm
Shifters- SRAM Froce AXS with wireless blips on tops
Tape- Zipp Service Course CX
Brake Calipers- SRAM Red flat mount
Crankset- SRAM Red 170mm with 44 tooth ring and Quarq
Rear Derailleur- SRAM Eagle XX1
Cassette- SRAM Eagle XX1 10-50
Chain- XX1
Pedals- HT M1 with titanium spindles
Wheels- Farsports 30mm hooked, not holes, 25mm internal. DT 180 hubs, Sapim X-Ray spokes.
Tires- Donnelley MSO WC 700x40 tubeless
Cages King titanium with One-up pump bracket
Wahoo mount- Amazon out front type. $15 ;)

flashpunk

by flashpunk

dzl wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:41 pm
My Pro did not come with the front hanger. I had to purchase it separately. Also, it only came with the downtube port cover for electronic groupsets.
Do you happen to have the part number or a link to the part on the Specialized site?

Frisco

by Frisco

flashpunk wrote:
Do you happen to have the part number or a link to the part on the Specialized site?
How’s this

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

flashpunk wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:54 pm
dzl wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:41 pm
I couldn't find the front hanger online in the US, so I just had my shop order it. The downtube port I found pretty easily. Just seach the part number and they'll pop up somewhere.

https://www.performancebike.com/special ... 03/p754412

I'm still waiting on a few parts for my build. Didn't weigh the groupset (Rival 1) before selling it so can't do a comparison there, but have some weight swaps listed below. Waiting for some Di2 wires and a bar end junction before I can finish the build. Also considering some other swaps. The reach is longer than my Boone, and even after sizing down the stem (110mm to 100m), it's almost as long as my road setup. So I'm thinking about getting a shorter reach bar (current 80mm) and/or a zero setback seat post. I'd probably try the bars first as changing my saddle position may change how it handles. Looking at the Zipp Ergo bars right now at 70mm reach.

Stem: stock 141g -> 96g Kalloy Uno 100mm with ti bolts
Bars: stock 304g -> Black Inc 42cm 192g
Seatpost: Roval Terra 224g -> Elita One 152g
Saddle: Power comp 249g -> SW Power Arc 146g
Wheels: DT Swiss G540 ~1,054g/1,254g -> Hunt 30 Carbon Gravel ~730g/830g
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

Well after 6 months of waiting, I plan to pick up my Crux from my LBS this Saturday. Was almost impossible to find a frame, but will share my full story of how I got one. Decided I wanted a custome frame that no one has, so had special decals made. Somehow lucked out and the ride wrapping of the frame that I had done, turned the dull Matt frame into one that sparkles in the light. All the parts also took a long time to come in, and now Canada Post has lost my 4iiii Power Meter that I ordered, however 4iiii has been great and will send me another one if it does not turn up.
Full Di2 GRX with 12 Speed Ultegra calipers to take advantage of the better clearance of the new 12 speed stuff. Trying to get a store to sell me just the calipers and nothing else, was a no go. Somehow, Shimano North AMerica was willing to sell them, you just have to ask. Also getting just the GRX shifters and not Shifters and calipers together, was one of the tougher searches.

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perrierperrier

by perrierperrier

boots2000 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:51 pm
Finally got this one built 2022 54cm Crux Pro in 54cm. 16.80 lb with cages

Looks great mate! Did you happen to put the frame and fork on the scale before the build? Curious what the Pro frameset weighs. I'm sure if been posted on here before but thought I would ask ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

Agree, I was not convinced of that paint scheme on the website but it looks great when out on the road!