New Diverge Thoughts?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kabu

by Kabu

What is the availability in EU? Seriourly considering Pro Carbon in size 58. I'm on the market for a new gravel bike for this sommer.

I assume one should be able to throw in QUARQ AXS Powermeter Spider für Red / Force like this?
https://www.bike-components.de/de/QUARQ ... 2gQAvD_BwE

Visus

by Visus

Kabu wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:51 pm
What is the availability in EU? Seriourly considering Pro Carbon in size 58. I'm on the market for a new gravel bike for this sommer.
My LBS (Switzerland) has no information regarding further shipments. Bikes ordered in January were delivered, further shipments unknown. If you need a bike right now maybe look somwhere else.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

I was also fooled by the Australian web site. Specialized has something wrong with their search engine optimization. If I'm in the US and search "specialized diverge" the first hit I get shouldn't be their Australian web site.

sethjs

by sethjs

Picking mine up tomorrow! Have the current Diverge but moving to the new one for the extra tire clearance. I noticed running 650x47 Byways on g27s I have been rubbing the chainstays. Oops!

Net: I see the extra clearance as a big plus. Also happy to move to threaded BB and probably future shock 2.

Not happy about the newer dropper post - wish I could use the one that came on my Diverge. But they went from 27.x to 30.8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cerro

by cerro

sethjs: Seatpost is still 27,2mm. Just the clamp size which is 30,8mm on the outside of the frame. Getting a S-Works? Which size? Any changes or riding stock?

sethjs

by sethjs

Figured I'd give a quick ride report on the new Diverge - specifically the S-Works with Red AXS 1x w/10-50 on the rear. Size is 52. I've got it set up with the Terra CLXs it came with and the Pathfinder tires claimed 42c, which measure almost 45mm wide.

Background is I've been riding the last gen Diverge since it came out about 3 yrs ago. I purchased the new one mostly for the increased tire clearance.

Tire clearance is massive. Eyeballing it - I'd guess you could fit min measured 700x50 with adequate clearance. But I haven't tried it.

Future shock 2 is clearly an improvement over 1. I was using the softest spring on the 1 and bottomed it out all the time in rough stuff. I didn't notice bottoming it out on the 2 - and I have now taken it on trails that pretty much anyone else would bring a fully suspended mountain bike to. The lockout feature is also great. It's not a full lockout - you can still stand over the bike and push it down. But in practice when riding it it's definitely not bobbing around on a standing climb. But I didn't notice bobbing (even though I suspect it was there) when I had it turned "on".

The storage in the downtube is definitely a nice feature. I'm running the bike with no saddlebag. Nice.

Biggest surprise is the handling. I was worried the new geometry would make the bike feel too stable / slow. Not the case - at least not with the setup I'm running it with. It actually feels closer to a road bike than my older Diverge with 700c wheels. The older Diverge felt better to me with 650x47s for whatever reason - but small problem is they'd rub the chainstays on that bike on high torque climbs. I haven't yet tried the 650b wheels on the new Diverge.

Odd downsides: a) for whatever reason, the front brake hose sits pretty hard against the front of the head tube. It'd definitely rub into the carbon - so I added one of those clear plastic protection layers. b) I think I liked the dropper post the older Diverge S-Works came with. I'll likely switch it over to the new one.

Net - so far love it.

LegPower

by LegPower

But most importantly...How much does it weigh?? :noidea:
sethjs wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:10 am
Figured I'd give a quick ride report on the new Diverge - specifically the S-Works with Red AXS 1x w/10-50 on the rear. Size is 52. I've got it set up with the Terra CLXs it came with and the Pathfinder tires claimed 42c, which measure almost 45mm wide.

Background is I've been riding the last gen Diverge since it came out about 3 yrs ago. I purchased the new one mostly for the increased tire clearance.

Tire clearance is massive. Eyeballing it - I'd guess you could fit min measured 700x50 with adequate clearance. But I haven't tried it.

Future shock 2 is clearly an improvement over 1. I was using the softest spring on the 1 and bottomed it out all the time in rough stuff. I didn't notice bottoming it out on the 2 - and I have now taken it on trails that pretty much anyone else would bring a fully suspended mountain bike to. The lockout feature is also great. It's not a full lockout - you can still stand over the bike and push it down. But in practice when riding it it's definitely not bobbing around on a standing climb. But I didn't notice bobbing (even though I suspect it was there) when I had it turned "on".

The storage in the downtube is definitely a nice feature. I'm running the bike with no saddlebag. Nice.

Biggest surprise is the handling. I was worried the new geometry would make the bike feel too stable / slow. Not the case - at least not with the setup I'm running it with. It actually feels closer to a road bike than my older Diverge with 700c wheels. The older Diverge felt better to me with 650x47s for whatever reason - but small problem is they'd rub the chainstays on that bike on high torque climbs. I haven't yet tried the 650b wheels on the new Diverge.

Odd downsides: a) for whatever reason, the front brake hose sits pretty hard against the front of the head tube. It'd definitely rub into the carbon - so I added one of those clear plastic protection layers. b) I think I liked the dropper post the older Diverge S-Works came with. I'll likely switch it over to the new one.

Net - so far love it.

sigma

by sigma

sethjs wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:10 am

Net - so far love it.
How's the color (Satin carbon) in person? Would you mind sharing a couple of pics and also your size etc....I am somewhere between the 54 and 56 and just trying to work out the effective stack.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

cerro

by cerro

sigma: Effective stack is what stands on the website and then you can add up to 2,5cm of spacers. (futureshock included in stack)

sigma

by sigma

cerro wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:42 pm
sigma: Effective stack is what stands on the website and then you can add up to 2,5cm of spacers. (futureshock included in stack)
Thank you! Does anyone have the frame + fork (including future shock) weight? It's hard to find online except for the reference to a few hundred extra grams.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Im looking at the Diverge Pro Carbon in Canada.My LBS who is one of the biggest Specialized dealers in the country told me "Late December"

I think Canada got 3 58 sizes.. the US is out... I see the concept store in the UK has them listed, but can't order to Canada...

Nikoras

by Nikoras

Sooo what rubber are you guys running/hoping to run to take advantage of all that tire clearance? I know specialized has their 47mm 700c Tracer tires. Not too many companies making 45-47mm rubber. Think you could squeeze in a 50mm Gravelking SK or would the clearence be problematic?

LegPower

by LegPower

I bought the comp because I liked the color, stripped it all down and rebuilt with Red AXS, Eagle XX1 AXS, and Enve G23s. I still can't figure out how to post photos, but there's one on my Instagram @BillerBikeReviews.

The future shock itself weighed 342 grams on my scale. I'm running en Enve stem so had to use the shim which weighed another 26g.

All in the bike isn't light. I need to take it to the shop, but I'd guess about 8.5kg. By comparison my 2020 Stigmata with the same components was 7.9kg.
sigma wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:51 pm
cerro wrote:
Thank you! Does anyone have the frame + fork (including future shock) weight? It's hard to find online except for the reference to a few hundred extra grams.

sigma

by sigma

LegPower wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:17 am
I bought the comp because I liked the color, stripped it all down and rebuilt with Red AXS, Eagle XX1 AXS, and Enve G23s. I still can't figure out how to post photos, but there's one on my Instagram @BillerBikeReviews.

The future shock itself weighed 342 grams on my scale. I'm running en Enve stem so had to use the shim which weighed another 26g.

All in the bike isn't light. I need to take it to the shop, but I'd guess about 8.5kg. By comparison my 2020 Stigmata with the same components was 7.9kg.
sigma wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:51 pm
cerro wrote:
Thank you for posting the weight. Very helpful - how do you find the ride in comparison to the Stigmata?

lowftp

by lowftp

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:59 pm
Im looking at the Diverge Pro Carbon in Canada.My LBS who is one of the biggest Specialized dealers in the country told me "Late December"

I think Canada got 3 58 sizes.. the US is out... I see the concept store in the UK has them listed, but can't order to Canada...
Sounds similar to my area in California, inventory is basically zero and they removed the S-Works frameset from the Diverge model page. I didn't even see my size on the frameset page when it first launched (or at any point in time the page was up). I've been leaning towards buying a Comp that a store nearby has, as I think it may be a long time before we see the framesets available. I could build the Comp up the way I want and transfer the parts to the SW frame if/when they become available...but that would be a lot of money. :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com