New Diverge Thoughts?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ill principe

by ill principe

henau212 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:56 pm
Perfectly fine :thumbup: Can you tell me your size and inseam? Problem is, that the Diverge is sold out in every local shop. Only way is to order an I am unsure about the size (torn between 58 and 61).
187cm tall and 86cm inseam
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (not yet built) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

ill principe

by ill principe

henau212 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:27 pm
Nice looking bike. Planning on getting the same size, but I am a bit worried about the weight. What is the weight with the changes?
9750g w. XT pedals, two Elite carbon cages, Zipp SC-SL stem w. Zipp faceplate garmin mount and the wheels/tires set-up tubeless.
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (not yet built) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Ive got one of the few Diverge Ekar models they released... love it!! I did dump the easton bars and spec stem and put on 3TTT Aeroghia bar.. the Eastons had WAY to much flare to them and were too wide for me... Also running SRM X Power Duals... I love this thing!!

maquisard

by maquisard

Has anyone had any issues with the rubber cover around the Futureshock 1,5 or 2,0 getting a tear/rip. Replacing it seems difficult. I asked the store from which I brought the bike but they want me to bring in the bike and are talking about complete replacement of the Futureshock cartridge. Which seems crazy to me!

cerro

by cerro

Had a couple at work but no problems to replace no matter which generation Future Shock.

maquisard

by maquisard

Is it easy to get the part? My Spec. Dealer seems unwilling to order me the part without first inspecting Futureshock cartridge. (This might be Spec. procedure?) This is frustrating to me as the cartridge seems to work okay and it is very quick job for me to swap out the rubber part rather leave bike in bike store for days.

Petterii

by Petterii

Your dealer can order covers separately. Best to order few extras because they _will_ break. Replacing is easy max 5 min job.

maquisard

by maquisard

Thanks, I just have to convince my dealer to do this

justRideIt

by justRideIt

I had the same issue twice with the rubber cover on my Future Shock 2.0. Spesh dealer swapped it (without inspecting cartridge).
The replacement again tore on one side, along where the two halves of rubber are glued together.

So I needed ~2 covers per 2.000km and therefore agree with Petterii... they will break.

Since the shock assembly itself is a sealed system the torn cover should not have negative effects on the shock performance - but I agree, it looks rubbish and constantly replacing is not only annoying but also wasteful. I just ride it for now. Hopefully Specialized will revise the part.
2020 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc @ 6.35-ish kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=159454
2021 Specialized Diverge viewtopic.php?f=10&t=165482

maquisard

by maquisard

Yes, compared to Futureshock 1,0 the 1,5 and 2,0 revision of rubber cover seems to be less durable. I think this is because 1,0 cover was stiff and had an effect on the shock. Like you say, I think that Specialized will need to change this component, the current design does not work in long term for gravel on Diverge, maybe okay for Roubaix.

Guivd

by Guivd

After Nine months of waiting, also finally received my diverge base carbon.
During the waiting, got the time to find mostly second hands parts to upgrade it.

It's a size 58. I swap out the Apex groupset for a mix of shimano xtr di2 rear mech, grx 810 crankset with cheap ultegra 6800 left arms fitted with stages powermeter. Rear dura-ace caliper and ultegra front (normally plan to bought grx caliper, no stock or to much waiting time). I just put the price for new GRX di2 shifters.
Same thing with used roval terra seatpost and mavic allroad pro ust wheelset

the final weight is 9275g with time atac pedals and bottle cage.

justRideIt

by justRideIt

Congrats on the new bike! Instant upgrades, way to go!

How do you like the flared bars? How many degrees of flare?

Personally, I've not been happy with way less flare, having to twist my hands all the time to operate the shift levers properly. But maybe only because I ride mechanical and it is fine with Di2?

Have fun exploring!
2020 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc @ 6.35-ish kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=159454
2021 Specialized Diverge viewtopic.php?f=10&t=165482

maquisard

by maquisard

Tan wall tire just look awesome - that is a great build!

Guivd

by Guivd

thanks guys!

The bar is the ritchey beacon in 44cm width. Flare is wide, 30° I guess. I was a bit afraid of that wide in the beginning, but with grx di2 shifters I think it's a very good combo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com