New Diverge Thoughts?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

tritiltheend wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:24 pm
How's the shifting on the Power2Max chainrings? I've been doing without power on my gravel rig and really feeling the need to get power back. I like the P2M gravel options, but I haven't had a single dropped chain so far with my GRX chainrings and reluctant to give them up. Other option is Assioma Duos with the SPD hack but they'd add weight over my current setup and don't like way the pod sticks out, I've got some scratches on my GRX crankarms from riding trails on the gravel bike. The Garmin XC pedals are expensive and heavy, plus everyone I know that's had Garmin Vectors has had trouble. Single sided power is not an option as I have a leg imbalance.

Nice rig, btw!
What about 4IIII single sided option and then select your imbalance in the app? I know it's not perfect as the imbalance will change throughout the ride but should give you a good idea

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tritiltheend

by tritiltheend

justRideIt wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 pm

Thanks. Shifting is flawless, both up and down. No dropped chains and I ride it over rough stuff all the time. Would 100% put the same power meter on.

Shortly after, the Garmin SPD power pedals were released. But as you said, not only are they heavier, but pedal strikes are inevitable on rocky trails as well and would not want to strike with power pedals.
Thanks, your reco helped me pull the trigger on a P2M with 46/30 chainrings and Rotor Aldhu 3d+ arms.

tritiltheend

by tritiltheend

Tifosiphil wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:55 am

What about 4IIII single sided option and then select your imbalance in the app? I know it's not perfect as the imbalance will change throughout the ride but should give you a good idea
Single sided just doesn't work for me, it was clear from looking at my power curve that the discrepancy was less at high power than low power so a simple power correction factor wouldn't work. Just ran both meters for a couple of rides but that was enough. I was actually hoping to use the Stages for my wife, but her numbers were also way off, she was recovering from an injury at the time that likely affected her power balance but then again, that's another scenario that exposes the limitations of single sided, if you can't accurately judge your recovery from an injury that affects one side.

justRideIt

by justRideIt

tritiltheend wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:37 am
justRideIt wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 pm

Thanks. Shifting is flawless, both up and down. No dropped chains and I ride it over rough stuff all the time. Would 100% put the same power meter on.

Shortly after, the Garmin SPD power pedals were released. But as you said, not only are they heavier, but pedal strikes are inevitable on rocky trails as well and would not want to strike with power pedals.
Thanks, your reco helped me pull the trigger on a P2M with 46/30 chainrings and Rotor Aldhu 3d+ arms.
You're welcome. You'll enjoy it. After 3000km I found the P2M to be really reliable and "set it and forget it".
2020 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc @ 6.35-ish kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=159454
2021 Specialized Diverge viewtopic.php?f=10&t=165482

henau212

by henau212

https://specializedaustin.com/showroom/ ... compcarbon

The comp carbon now comes with a Sram Rival, a mechanical Rival.. Nothing against the good old trusted Rival 11, but that is a really bad deal for 4,2k. I really like the bike, but the pricing was expensive before and is now off the charts.

Every Diverge but the E5 seems to come with Sram now. ETAP starts with Rival at the Expert level for around 6k.

maquisard

by maquisard

Frames are available, groupsets and finishing kits are not. So OEM builds are done with whatever is available, this is often not great for the buyer.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Wow, that's a pretty bad deal for those looking for a Diverge at the moment. Specialized probably sold every Comp Carbon they could produce and therefore now put lower quality components on for the same price. The lack of Shimano groups didn't help matters.

Co0kieMonster

by Co0kieMonster

Is anyone here already using a Sigeyi derailleur hanger on his new diverge?
I'd like to know, if there is a compatible one :-)

Thx for your help

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Specialized makes a.DM hanger and I have it on mine. I think it's the same exact one for other models. Search this thread as there was a discussion on it.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

Matte86

by Matte86

Does anyone know if there’s going to be a new colourway (2022) for the sworks?
Some big online stores (ie bike24) put the frameset /bike on sale, so I was expecting something.. but nothing so far