Topstone Lefty Oliver

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Sweet !! Will be expensive though !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigma

by sigma

A few different versions - ebike (Neo) with and without the lefty Ocho as well as the normal left Ocho. Should be interesting.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

KittenRidesBikes

by KittenRidesBikes

I got a good look at the bike during CABDA east. And it's pretty sweet.

sigma

by sigma

KittenRidesBikes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:28 am
I got a good look at the bike during CABDA east. And it's pretty sweet.
and it's out...
https://www.cannondale.com/en-us/bikes/ ... descending
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

saba

by saba

Ehh, dished wheels and drivetrain, proprietary cranks with proprietary chainrings for the proprietary chainline, proprietary front hubs for the front fork, plus Cannondales approach to bottom brackets means hard pass.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Many bikes are now going the proprietry route for many parts, but Cannondale seems to do it better.

Interesting they call the redesigned short travel Ocho "Oliver" - should have been called it the Ochover !

Would be interesting to ride it and comapre it with the Slate side by side.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

This bike is where the lines blur for me in terms of XC MTB. A full-sus gravel bike I guess is designed for extreme gravel (or what I'd call a low level single track), one notch up from a fire road, the sort of thing an FSi would be more fun on (or a Scalpel if you insist on full-sus). I guess however if you're riding to/fro the trail on tarmac or paths then the Topstone would make sense?

Does feel a bit too much of a niche within a niche to me but where I ride the road is the road, and off the road largely requires 130mm+ suspension
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

It's an interesting bike and I'd love to ride one. The funky rear wheel offset is the deal breaker for me on this bike, everything else I could live with. While it would be a fun ride a few times, I doubt I have the terrain where I live for it to displace or fit in between my current gravel and XC MTB.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc (Retired to the Kickr after an accident)