Rene herse/compass tyres

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

romanmoser wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:15 pm
Won't fit
Or maybe in your living room

32 33mm measured tire are the biggest I would use with enve disc fork
( I've one )
Yeah. Forgot to follow up here. My 30mm G One Speeds are measuring around 32-32.5 right now on some November 50 All Road Rims, and there is not much more room to be squeezed out there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

Agree, I have BJP and they don't fit on my ENVE road disc fork. My BJP do measure out ~36mm,I think the biggest I would feel comfortable with in the ENVE road disc fork is a measured 33mm.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc (Retired to the Kickr after an accident)

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

Tamu8104 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:51 pm
Agree, I have BJP and they don't fit on my ENVE road disc fork. My BJP do measure out ~36mm,I think the biggest I would feel comfortable with in the ENVE road disc fork is a measured 33mm.
What casing you using?

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

bikesrdangerousmmk wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Tamu8104 wrote:
What casing you using?
I have the Regular casing currently, based on my experience the EL casing tends to stretch and measures wider than the Regular casing.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

Tamu8104 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:40 pm
Wed May 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Tamu8104 wrote:
What casing you using?
I have the Regular casing currently, based on my experience the EL casing tends to stretch and measures wider than the Regular casing.

I'm OK with the EL being a little wider, but did you notice a significant difference between the EL and standard in sidewall durability? How much of a ride difference did you perceive?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

My 44mm EL measure exactly the labeled width on my Crest CB7.

As for sidewall durability, I've gotten into some sh*t i definitely wouldn't have planned for nor intended - and zero issues with the tires. I had more punctures on my Pro One TLE and RapidAir at the same mileage.

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

Imaking20 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:27 am

As for sidewall durability, I've gotten into some sh*t i definitely wouldn't have planned for nor intended - and zero issues with the tires. I had more punctures on my Pro One TLE and RapidAir at the same mileage.
Thanks. I'm picking up some Barlow Pass EL and Conti Terra Speed 40s to try out.

emotive

by emotive

Imaking20 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:27 am

Thanks. I'm picking up some Barlow Pass EL and Conti Terra Speed 40s to try out.
Continue terra speed have many positive reviews already. I’m on Barlow Pass EL for dry riding and steliacoom EL for muddy riding, so I am interested to hear your thoughts on how they compare for rolling resistance.

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

BJP EL is lighter and no less durable (in very limited experience). I've been consistent with the standard casing because when it's a hard fast gravel ride or race and I'm in a pack, mentally I'm more willing to attack the course where the EL always made me nervous about hitting that hole/rock that I couldn't see in time. Again, it's largely mental and the performance difference wasn't significant enough for me to have the worry. Overall, I've had better durability with Compass/RH tires than WTB, Specialized, or Clement tires.

I also have the Steliacoom but only had it in the standard casing. It's been a super durable tire, and is currently on my wife's gravel bike.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Anyone knows a working email or other way to contact the company? The customerservice@renehersecycles.com does not work anymore and there are no emails or contact forms on their web site, as if by intent.

emotive

by emotive

Klaster_1 wrote:Anyone knows a working email or other way to contact the company? The customerservice@renehersecycles.com does not work anymore and there are no emails or contact forms on their web site, as if by intent.
Send them a direct message through Instagram or Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

FYI, have been loving the terra speed so much compared to my old Boken tires that I haven't even put the Barlow pass tires on yet.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

emotive wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:24 pm
Unfortunately, not possible without a FB account. But thanks for a tip anyway.

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

Klaster_1 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:00 pm
emotive wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:24 pm
Unfortunately, not possible without a FB account. But thanks for a tip anyway.
I agree: An easier, more visible customer interface wouldn't hurt.

justaute

by justaute

Don't bother with Instagram. Contacted them twice recently and have not received any response.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com