Cannondale SuperX 2018 Front Derailleur issue

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

jever98

by jever98

I have a weird issue with my SuperX 2018. I'm trying to convert it to 2x with Ultegra di2 FD, Ultegra RX di2 RD.

The frame comes with a FD mount. When I install the FD, it gets pulled "toe out" when it tighten the bolt that attaches the FD to the mount. The backing screw that adjust toe out is completely backed out (away from the frame). If I thread it in further it simply pushes the derailleur further out.

What am I missing?

Image Image Image Image
----
No longer in the industry

grover

by grover

From those photos it appears that there is a gap between the derailleur and adapter that widens looking from front to back. So it looks like you should be able to align it less toe out. So what else is stopping you? Is the bolt head that attaches the adapter to the frame protruding from the adapter? I think you're probably up for some kind of DIY modification to whatever is stopping you 'toe in' to neutral.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jever98

by jever98

In case anybody else has the problem: there is a different mount available that fixes the issue. Cannondale sorted me out. See pics for differences. The new one says v1.2 on it

Image Image
----
No longer in the industry

jfbeardsley

by jfbeardsley

jever98 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:15 am
In case anybody else has the problem: there is a different mount available that fixes the issue. Cannondale sorted me out. See pics for differences. The new one says v1.2 on it

Image Image
Trying to mount a chain guide on my 2018 SuperX and finding the CDR10 pictured sets the guide too far out from the frame, causing chain rub on the guide when in the largest sprocket. It appears the v1.2 is slightly lower profile, can you confirm? Thinking this would provide that extra 2-3mm of clearance I need on the inboard side

Barely managed to source a CDR10 overseas, haven't found any leads on a v1.2. Any chance anyone here has one to part with? Or the address you contacted at Cannondale?