Custom OPEN WI.DE

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TomEdward

by TomEdward

Thanks crlincoln, looks very bling! I love it! :D

by Weenie

Js2

by Js2

That deep green with the gold chain is an awesome combo! :thumbup:

TomEdward

by TomEdward

And so it begins...

Imageimage by Tom Gutteridge, on Flickr

jever98

by jever98

Bling 8)
----
No longer in the industry

TomEdward

by TomEdward

Another little update. The painting of the frame has started. Initially it was going to be the 4 colours of OPEN, Blue, Green, Orange and Brown but then we thought that was too much and to try this new Marbling effect the painter has been doing and to go Black and grey. The way he does the effect meant it is actually a really dark green when blended as black isn't a true pigment. However we think it looks really good and will work well with the gold.

ImageUntitled by Tom Gutteridge, on Flickr

sychen

by sychen

That looks amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TomEdward

by TomEdward

Thanks! :beerchug:

Getting excited for the full build now. Just waiting on the saddle from Berk and a rear derailleur. The filming will start in two weeks time :D

Archer13

by Archer13

Marvelous!

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

TomEdward wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:29 am
Another little update. The painting of the frame has started. Initially it was going to be the 4 colours of OPEN, Blue, Green, Orange and Brown but then we thought that was too much and to try this new Marbling effect the painter has been doing and to go Black and grey. The way he does the effect meant it is actually a really dark green when blended as black isn't a true pigment. However we think it looks really good and will work well with the gold.

That's too pretty for gravel use. :shock:
2018 Bianchi Oltre XR4, (Celeste Matt)
2018 De Rosa SK Pininfarina (Blu)
2019 Trek Madone SLR (Rage Red)
2019 Giant TCR Advanced SL (Chameleon Blue)
2019 Cervelo R5 Disk (Team Sunweb)
2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 0

crlincoln

by crlincoln

TomEdward wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:29 am

That's awesome... who's the painter?

AZR3

by AZR3

TomEdward

by TomEdward

Yes it's Rob at Colourburnstudios. Funny you should mention it being too good for gravel. Do many people use invisiframe, as I'm thinking it might be a good idea?

crlincoln

by crlincoln

TomEdward wrote:Yes it's Rob at Colourburnstudios. Funny you should mention it being too good for gravel. Do many people use invisiframe, as I'm thinking it might be a good idea?
I’ve got my mtb invisframe’d and it’s great but that’s also because they make custom sets for them... I have wonder about road/gravel bikes as well... but you’d have to cut all the shapes yourself which would be quite difficult and you do occasionally notice joins...

But with your bike it depends if you want to enjoy it... or look at? I’d say ride it...

but I’m also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomEdward

by TomEdward

Hmmm another fair point. I wonder if a thin ceramic coating might work well before the bike is assembled. I've had ceramic coatings and ppf on my cars before and disliked before for various reasons so I might just ride it and call any marks I get on it 'giving it character' :D

AZR3

by AZR3

I wish I would have put some protective invisible shield stuff on my Exploro. The downtube and chain stays have a number of small little paint chips, 90% of them aren't really noticeable but when cleaning my bike I seem to find a few I hadn't noticed before.....but it is a gravel bike so it's all part of the journey I guess lol

by Weenie