New gravel bike for 85% road

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ultimaterider

by ultimaterider

I'm loving my Factor LS for both fast gravel and road. I have a set of Bontrager wheels with 40 Conti Terraspeed tires and another set of Bontragers with 25 road tires. The shifting and braking need zero adjustment between both wheels. Just swap them. The bike handles well even with 25s. Frankly, I thought the handling would be crap, but have been pleasantly suprised. It likes to climb!

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

ryanw wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:49 pm
I'm building up my own UPPER after working on a few recently and being really impressed with their versatility and weight.

This will be a proper gravel bike, 1x, 11-40, DA/XTR Di2, 40c tyres etc, but hoping still to come in under 7kg fully built with heavy XTR pedals.

I've opted for just one set of wheels, 24mm ID and shall run big semi slicks for the majority of the year and switch over to something more aggressive when the weather gets worse.
Excited to see this Ryan!
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gshb

by gshb

Im in the same boat looking for road geometry that fits up to 40mm tires for those few occasional gravel rides. Anyone tried the Allied Echo?

Oms

by Oms

Quite happy with my Rose ProCross gravel: it's basically their CX frame with lighter wheels, which is why I went for it (shorter/racier than usual for a gravel bike).

Same here - mostly road riding with some gravel when the mood suits. Luggage makes it a bit twitchy though (I only have rear panniers).

If the backroad has the right geometry and you were happy with it, pull the trigger on it again. 👍