Just about done with the Spyre SLC. Juin Tech?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

prebsy

by prebsy

UpFromOne wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:23 am
Also, cheaper than a Juin Tech is the chinese Xtech HB100 caliper.

Same principle, but the oil piston is more on top and angled, thus changing the location of the cable actuating lever.

I have yet to try these, but given the price point, why not?
Haha oh my goodness $35 for a pair of post mount , $55 for a pair of flat mount. I screwed around with spyres for a while (always on sram levers, was I a psyhcopath???) b/c they make disc bikes so cheap and easy to build but man this is next level. It makes me want to build something =)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fattywilliams

by fattywilliams

prebsy wrote:
UpFromOne wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:23 am
Also, cheaper than a Juin Tech is the chinese Xtech HB100 caliper.

Same principle, but the oil piston is more on top and angled, thus changing the location of the cable actuating lever.

I have yet to try these, but given the price point, why not?
Haha oh my goodness $35 for a pair of post mount , $55 for a pair of flat mount. I screwed around with spyres for a while (always on sram levers, was I a psyhcopath???) b/c they make disc bikes so cheap and easy to build but man this is next level. It makes me want to build something =)
Worryingly cheap though aren't they anyone gave them a go?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Catagory6

by Catagory6

DJT21 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:25 pm
The Juin Tech do work far better with Campag levers than the Spyres do.
i'm having the same problem with the Juin Tech, that i had with the spyre.
in order to get the Campy brake lever to bite, the pads have to be set with 0.1mm of space on either side of the rotor. and the rotor has to be perfectly true.

almost thinking of filing down the platform that the cable gets clamped to, to get a closer pull ratio

DaveS

by DaveS

I just installed the juin-tech GT 4 piston calipers on my bike with SRAM Force AXS levers. They are a big improvement over the F1, as far as cable pull is concerned. I like to use the small hands feature on my levers. With the F1 calipers, I could only bring the levers one notch closer, but with the GT, I have the levers set as close as they can get and still have enough pull. I put Galfer standard pads on to start with, rather than even try the juin-tech brand pads. I'm waiting for a little warmer weather this week to give them a good test.

I'll have a second bike built up in the next couple of weeks and I plan to put the F1 calipers on it, with the same Galfer standard pad to make a better comparison of the two. If the F1 performance isn't better, I'll be buying another pair of the GT.

The best price I could find for the GT calipers was from this source. https://www.edgesportsuk.com/store/juin ... mount.html

I made up a dial indicator gage to check my Campy rotor runtout. The both have no more than .05mm or .002 inch of runout.

DaveS

by DaveS

I finished my bike build with the Juin-Tech F1 calipers and the same Galfer standard brake pad material as my other bike with the Juin-Tech GT calipers. With careful centering of the calipers, prior to connecting the jagwire pro compressionless housing, the cable travel required was not much greater than the GT calipers. I have the brake levers set as close to the handlebars as possible and still had ample cable travel. I rode my most demanding mountain descent with no problem. I suspect that the GT calipers will prove to be more powerful and the better choice for heavier riders. With winter fast approaching, my challenging rides will be limited for a few months, but once I've ridden each bike more, I'll post more impressions.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

So, are Juin Tech F1 the ones to go for ?