Just about done with the Spyre SLC. Juin Tech?

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

prebsy

by prebsy

UpFromOne wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:23 am
Also, cheaper than a Juin Tech is the chinese Xtech HB100 caliper.

Same principle, but the oil piston is more on top and angled, thus changing the location of the cable actuating lever.

I have yet to try these, but given the price point, why not?
Haha oh my goodness $35 for a pair of post mount , $55 for a pair of flat mount. I screwed around with spyres for a while (always on sram levers, was I a psyhcopath???) b/c they make disc bikes so cheap and easy to build but man this is next level. It makes me want to build something =)

by Weenie

fattywilliams

by fattywilliams

prebsy wrote:
UpFromOne wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:23 am
Also, cheaper than a Juin Tech is the chinese Xtech HB100 caliper.

Same principle, but the oil piston is more on top and angled, thus changing the location of the cable actuating lever.

I have yet to try these, but given the price point, why not?
Haha oh my goodness $35 for a pair of post mount , $55 for a pair of flat mount. I screwed around with spyres for a while (always on sram levers, was I a psyhcopath???) b/c they make disc bikes so cheap and easy to build but man this is next level. It makes me want to build something =)
Worryingly cheap though aren't they anyone gave them a go?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Catagory6

by Catagory6

DJT21 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:25 pm
The Juin Tech do work far better with Campag levers than the Spyres do.
i'm having the same problem with the Juin Tech, that i had with the spyre.
in order to get the Campy brake lever to bite, the pads have to be set with 0.1mm of space on either side of the rotor. and the rotor has to be perfectly true.

almost thinking of filing down the platform that the cable gets clamped to, to get a closer pull ratio