Deda Superleggero bits for CX

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

r_mutt

by r_mutt

I am trying to drop some weight from my 2019 Colnago Prestige. Does anyone have experience using Deda Superleggero stems, bars, and seat posts on a CX bike? Can these lightweight parts handle the abuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

r_mutt wrote:I am trying to drop some weight from my 2019 Colnago Prestige. Does anyone have experience using Deda Superleggero stems, bars, and seat posts on a CX bike? Can these lightweight parts handle the abuse?

I wouldn’t bother. Deda has never had a very realistic relationship with scales & reality. What are you using currently?

r_mutt

by r_mutt

presently, on the bike is a non-branded stem that came with the bike, a Fizik Cyrano R5 seatpost, and a Deda Zero-100 bar. i unserstand that Deda use a very optimistic scale, but I've been searching around (not manufacture claimed weights) and see that I could drop 200+ grams if i changed all 3 for some lighter parts.

3Pio

by 3Pio

r_mutt wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:33 pm
presently, on the bike is a non-branded stem that came with the bike, a Fizik Cyrano R5 seatpost, and a Deda Zero-100 bar. i unserstand that Deda use a very optimistic scale, but I've been searching around (not manufacture claimed weights) and see that I could drop 200+ grams if i changed all 3 for some lighter parts.
I dont ride CX but have both Deda Zero100 and Superleggera bars on my two bikes.. Superleggera is 50 gm lighter than Zero 100. Consider that Deda insist on Deda Superleggero Stem to use on Superleggera bar, or warranty can be void in the case of problems.. While im satisfied with the stem (look very nice, not heavy), it's 4 mm lower stack than regular (36 mm vs 40mm), and not sure that is much lighter then Fizik Cyrano R1 i had before. Kalloy Uno for example is lighter.

Let back to handlebars.. If im buying again, i wont bother with Superleggera.. It's a bit more comfortable, also consider a bit problematic setting the hoods (the highest position is still low, and consider internal routing of cables add some drag to the cables..).. But Deda Zero 100 have no penaly except 50 gm weight which i'll try to save somewhere else.... For me Zero100 is my favourite bar i ever had (before i used Easton EC90SLX3, Zipp Service Cours SL80, Some Pinarelo Most ....)