Gravel Titanium Frame Options

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

matty

by matty

Just wondering if anyone knows of a nice light weight Titanium Gravel frame as not many manufacturers publish weight unlike their carbon frame rivals.

Prefer the look and perhaps durability of titanium over carbon.

szazbo

by szazbo

If you are in the US check out Holland Cycles in San Diego. cody@hollandcycles.com I had a custom Exogrid Gravel bike built, and previously had them build me a Ti Gravel. Options are endless. Weight is 19 lbs. ENVE GRD fork, gravel bars and G23 wheels, Ultegra Di2 Has tire clearance for 50mm tires.

NickJHP

by NickJHP

I have a Kinesis Tripster ATR V2, which is pretty nicely made - good welds, perfect alignment - but it's more a gravel touring machine - has rack and mudguard mounts. Can't tell you what it weighs, as I've never weighed it. I think they now have the V3, which has increased tyre clearance and more bottle cage mounts etc. I have mine setup for light touring, like so:

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

Alchemy has 2 options
Chiron is claimed more cyclocross/gravel/allroad focused,700x38mm tire clearance
Ronin is cliamed as a true gravel bike, 700x45mm or 650x2.1in clearance with in house designed fork

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

The world is your Oyster for a titanium gravel bike that is lightweight and durable, just bring your wallet. Off the top of my head:

Moots, Mosaic, Firefly, Baum, No 22, Carl Strong, DeSalvo, Litespeed, Lynskey, Seven, Bingham Built, Eriksen.

gb123bike

by gb123bike

Dean's sells two models of gravel Frame for not all that much (by TI standards, lol).

bbee

by bbee

Bigger Gear wrote:The world is your Oyster for a titanium gravel bike that is lightweight and durable, just bring your wallet. Off the top of my head:

Moots, Mosaic, Firefly, Baum, No 22, Carl Strong, DeSalvo, Litespeed, Lynskey, Seven, Bingham Built, Eriksen.
I went through this last year and after a lot of research ended up with a Bingham Built gravel bike. It's by far the best bike I've ever had.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

Looks awesome Bbee, I admire Brad's work on IG and I'm possibly looking to fulfill some N+1 desires. Bingham is on my list, along with DeSalvo, Strong and Moots. Need to pull the trigger in the New Year.

jemima

by jemima

T-Lab is probably going to be at the top. Lightest frame.
Curve Grovel ti.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

boots2000

by boots2000

I have both- An Open UPPER and also a Seven Evergreen XV (the lighter butted one with all the trick to lighten it up).
Both bikes are excellent, both have basically the same build.
The Open is about 17 (7.7 kg) even, the Seven is more like 19 even (8.6 kg).
The only time that I notice the Seven being slower is if it is a loop that includes a large amount of long and smooth climbs.
Other than that, the Seven is not slower. In fact it may be faster in some conditions because it is more supple and slightle reduces fatigue.

szazbo

by szazbo

a

fa63

by fa63

Let me the throw the J Guillem Atalaya into the mix:

https://jguillem.com/bike/atalaya-gravel

It has huge tire clearance while maintaining a pretty tight wheelbase. Seems like it would be a fun ride.

gb123bike

by gb123bike

BTW, I found a link to the Dean's Titanium gravel frame. They'll build it with custom geometry for no extra cost, and there are a bunch of options you can configure. They claim 3.0 lbs, which is 1360g. No idea how accurate that is though, or even for which size frame it's alleged.

I've never ridden one myself, but I knew a guy who had one of their road frames and loved it.

gb123bike

by gb123bike

NickJHP wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 pm
I have a Kinesis Tripster ATR V2...
:thumbup: I like that. It's classy.