CRUX Thread

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Decided I wanted something with a little more clearance than the Allez Disc without going full slack Gravel Pig for road and dirt.

Insert the 2019 "Acid Trip" CRUX.

Plan is straight strip and swap from the Allez with supporting pieces.

Basics will be
58cm Frameset in Cosmos
8070 Levers and callipers
8050 Front mech with Sram clamp
RX rear mech
Specialized crank with P2M and 52/36 Q-rings
Pro Stealth saddle
3t Aeronova bars

C38 and SLX24 wheels with Roubaix tyres for the road and 37mm WTB Riddlers for the dirty stuff.

Was planning on using the Parlee front clamp but the design of the SRAM clam supports the mech much better.

Thanks to to CCACHE boys for the last bits and pieces needed to get it all started too :)

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

sib

by sib

Looking good!
Do you have a weight for the frame and fork?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcorn

by dcorn

I rode my Crux on the road for a full season on 32mm Hutchinson Sector tires and it was great. No problem keeping up on group rides other than spinning out at 37ish MPH due to 1x drivetrain.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

No weight sorry, slapped it together too fast lol.

Thinking an 11-36 on the gravel wheels to give a 1-1 low gear. 100g penalty over the 11-28 will be well worth it.

http://www.sunrace.com/en/products/detail/csms8

WTB Riddler mounted up easily on the C38s and hold well when deflated. SRAM front mech clamp works really welll too :)

Keen to see how it rides on the 25/28 Roubaix Pro tyres (32mm actual) over the weekend.Image

Using Tapatalk

tonytourist

by tonytourist

The Crux is a great bike, I had mine for 1.5 years before moving on to an Exploro because I was too lazy to disassemble the Crux and run all my Di2 parts for it.
It was my only road bike for 6 months and I did a lot of riding on the 38 knobbies, though I did switch to some 38 Barlow Pass tires for 2 months before it went back to backup status. I don't think I could really use a 52/36 on my current setup, but the 50/34 with 11/34 is pretty solid.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Thats one of the best colourways they've done :) I'm keen to see how the Roubaix on SLX24 rims handle with the HTA/Trail.

52/36 has heaps of clearance and a 36/36 bottom end should be plenty.

Did you miss having a road bike? I'm hoping this will let the Tarmac spend a bit more time on the wall while still being fun for long days getting lost. Image

Using Tapatalk

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I didn't care for the 1x setup for road riding as the gear jumps at the bottom end of the cassette with the 10/42 were brutal. I purchased a full Di2 kit for it and planned to swap it over to 2x (with 50/34 and 11/34) but got lazy and my friend made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. If I chose different tires to keep on my cross bikes, I could probably ride them all the time and not miss the road bike too much.

young

by young

my Crux peeps lol. just finished mine.

42 42, option to run 50+. fun bike. love the ARs.

I have x01 cassette on hand don't worry, this xt cassette ain't no light weight :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com