Ti "Slate Mk2" frame time - help !

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

glepore

by glepore

Sweet. We should meet, I have a 5m Endless pools spa in my courtyard, took a small crane and some forethought but I love the thing. Odd thing is I wasn't really a swimmer, but going slow in warm water with a snorkel is amazingly theraputic.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Well I'm about to start swimming lessons, but may try the snorkel option as well.

We had a 20 tonne Franna Crane. Ours was an easy lift over a 5' fence and a trundle along paving. Paperwork was the hassle !!

Waiting to hear back re the Rewel frame. Standing by to standby !!

MichaelB

by MichaelB

So, the Rewel option just faded out of contention sadly, primarily due to shipping cost and the seller just taking too long.
So a locally sourced GT Xizang 9r Ti frame and also a Carbon Speed Lefty w wheels eventually won out.

Now the fun and other parts hunting begins :beerchug:

BB is threaded BSA, so just gotta find an affordable super compact crank with power :unbelievable:

glepore

by glepore

pics when its done...
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

MichaelB

by MichaelB

They'll come when things start going together. Frame is here, fork and 2 sets of wheels should be here in next day or two.

Finally have the crank sorted. Was ideally going for a 46/30 and looking at the GRX600 cranks, but they aren't compatible with a 73mm wide BSA shell :unbelievable: . In fact, just about NOTHING but MTB cranks fit easily, but then you can't get the same ratio's :| .

Managed to snaffle a set of M775 cranks for postage ($10) and can get some rings from Italy that will get me a 44 or 42 outer and 32 or 28 inner. So, think that is sorted.

Next connundrum are the brakes. which Shimano 4 potter to go for :noidea:

MichaelB

by MichaelB

It's started :mrgreen: