Power meter for Trek Checkpoint

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

For anybody following this thread, the 4iiii left side power meter does not fit. I had to put 4mm of spacers on the non-drive side to get it to even clear the frame, and even then it's too close for my comfort. And at that much spacing, the crank arm doesn't propeerly fit on the spindle. I'm debating trying the Favero Assioma hack, though cost wise, I think the Power2Max with Rotor cranks may be another option. Assioma UNO with the hack would be the cheapest.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Pics? 4iiii coin or rechargeable ?

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

jfranci3 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:27 pm
Pics? 4iiii coin or rechargeable ?
It was the rechargeable 4iiii Podiiiium, which is the slimmer option. No pictures unfortunately. I think I was mad it didn't fit and didn't even think about it. I already sent it back for a refund. It's about the same fit as the new Garmin cadence sensor, which also doesn't fit. I can try getting some pictures of that for reference.

My next project is the Favero Assioma hack. I have them on my road bike currently and just ordered the Xpedo CXR pedals. So I'm going to swap them and see how it goes.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Bummer. The pedals are flexible, resellsble, and will last a long long time though.

Whipit

by Whipit

What about zwatt yding. They are BSA 73mm so guess they should be able to be spaced out of clearance.

I have not seen any reviews on them but I picked up their zpider cranks last year for a very good price and for 12 months and don’t have anything to complain about

https://teamzwatt.com/products/yding-ca ... wer-meter/

TonyM

by TonyM

Whipit wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:01 pm
What about zwatt yding. They are BSA 73mm so guess they should be able to be spaced out of clearance.

I have not seen any reviews on them but I picked up their zpider cranks last year for a very good price and for 12 months and don’t have anything to complain about

https://teamzwatt.com/products/yding-ca ... wer-meter/
Nice. But the q factor of 171.9mm is quite qide (MTB). Not for everybody....