2020 Spec Diverge Sport

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

loheiman

by loheiman

Love the color! Try lowering your tire pressure more. I ride about 30 psi in my 650b x 48mm.

fa63

by fa63

Agreed, even at 200 lbs, you shouldn't be running those at any more than 50 psi (even that might be too high, especially if you are running them tubeless).

Great looking bike by the way!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

redbicycle

by redbicycle

fa63 wrote:Agreed, even at 200 lbs, you shouldn't be running those at any more than 50 psi (even that might be too high, especially if you are running them tubeless).

Great looking bike by the way!
Thank you for the compliments. I'm very happy with the color.

I have been adjusting the psi and currently I'm at 35/40 on the 650b and 75/80 on the 700c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tandemracer

by tandemracer

redbicycle wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:07 pm
I have been adjusting the psi and currently I'm at 35/40 on the 650b and 75/80 on the 700c.
How do you like riding the 650b wheels on your Diverge? Are you hitting the pedals on roots and rocks? When I tried 65b on my Diverge I was getting so many pedal strikes when riding trails that the annoyance was not worth the extra air volume.

redbicycle

by redbicycle

I have not had any pedal strikes yet. I am not a strong use case since the majority of use is on fire roads and gravel trails without roots, rocks, or other strike targets. I don't refrain from peddling through corners.

HShimada

by HShimada

Love that color! Perfect setup! I'm GASsing for a Diverge pretty hard. This is not helping LOL

redbicycle

by redbicycle

HShimada wrote:Love that color! Perfect setup! I'm GASsing for a Diverge pretty hard. This is not helping LOL
New bike is a good New Years resolution!

HShimada

by HShimada

redbicycle wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:31 am
HShimada wrote:Love that color! Perfect setup! I'm GASsing for a Diverge pretty hard. This is not helping LOL
New bike is a good New Years resolution!

Haha not sure if that counts as my last bike purchase was 2 weeks ago :(

redbicycle

by redbicycle

2019 purchases don’t count!

To update the actual thread. I setup all 4 wheels tubeless. One of the 700c has been a chronic problem. I have replaced the rim tape and the valve and reset it three times. I could never get it to hold air for more than a day. Yesterday I inflated it to 85psi and drove 7 miles to where I planned to ride. The tire was flat. That was the last straw and tubes went into both of the 700c. The 650b are still holding air like the day I mounted them so they will stay tubeless.

brusselsprouts

by brusselsprouts

Happy to see Specialized with nice solid paint jobs - that green is spot on.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Miles253

by Miles253

That paintjob is wicked. How do you find it performs on the road?
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

redbicycle

by redbicycle

It works great on the road. I am still very happy with the decision on this model and configuration. I have made a few changes. I never could get comfortable with the flared bars so I replaced them with a bontrager set of drops and moved from a 110 to 90mm stem. I had removed three spacers previously. This bar doesn’t have the same rise from the center like all the new bars appear to be fond of so I added two spacers back.

I also added a swat box.

Lastly I have a century coming up in a few months. I decided to purchase another duplicate saddle for my trainer so I am riding the same seat on the trainer as the diverge. I stopped by my LBS to pick one up and they had a pair of gobbler posts they had taken off dead inventory. I picked up both the seat and post and now they are on the diverge. The old seat is now on my trainer. Both seats are the same power comp 143mm.ImageImageImage

redbicycle

by redbicycle

I thought I would post an update. I read a thread a few weeks back about rubles setups. In that thread I learned that when you set up the wheel you should leave the valve stem slightly loose to allow the sealant to work it’s way in between the wheel and the stem rubber grommet. This was a lightbulb moment for me because I had been going with the approach of tightening the valve stem each time the tire went flat.

With this new info I ripped out the tubes and tried again. Currently I have three sets of wheels all tubeless and they have remained inflated for weeks. Back to running tubeless. I did 75 miles today with the 650b set at 40/45psi and it worked great.