New Cervelo Áspero Gravel bike

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Just heard that my frame shipped today. I should have it next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rasyad

by rasyad

Woo Hoo!!!!

by Weenie

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

rasyad wrote:Woo Hoo!!!!
Yep! Just in time for my vacation so the build won’t happen until I’m back. Lol.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:30 am
Yep! Just in time for my vacation so the build won’t happen until I’m back. Lol.

Yes!

When did you order it, if you recall? I ordered the same colorway last Wednesday so I'm behind you in the line.
Cervelo Aspero (7.75); Orbea Orca OMX (7.30)
Retired: S-Works Tarmac SL6, LOW// mki, Pinarello Dogma F10\F8, Lapierre Pulsium, TIME Fluidity, Wilier Cento1 SR, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2\R3\R5, Felt Z25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Stendhal wrote:
VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:30 am

Yes!

When did you order it, if you recall? I ordered the same colorway last Wednesday so I'm behind you in the line.
I ordered the day it was released but hopefully it’s a big enough batch that you don’t have to wait as long.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

It’s here! (the teal frame I ordered) :D
Going to see it at LBS now
Retired: S-Works Tarmac SL6, LOW// mki, Pinarello Dogma F10\F8, Lapierre Pulsium, TIME Fluidity, Wilier Cento1 SR, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2\R3\R5, Felt Z25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Stendhal wrote:It’s here! (the teal frame I ordered) :D
You’re in Cali ya?

Shrike

by Shrike

Can't wait to see this teal frame built up. Check instagram every once in a while but haven't spotted one yet!

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Shrike wrote:Can't wait to see this teal frame built up. Check instagram every once in a while but haven't spotted one yet!
I think they’re just going to customers, like me, now.

Shrike

by Shrike

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:04 am
Shrike wrote:Can't wait to see this teal frame built up. Check instagram every once in a while but haven't spotted one yet!
I think they’re just going to customers, like me, now.

Going to look class, congrats! Better be getting pics up when it's built :)

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Shrike wrote:
Going to look class, congrats! Better be getting pics up when it's built :)
Will share for sure. Might also start a thread if I remember to weigh all components.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:50 pm
Stendhal wrote:It’s here! (the teal frame I ordered) :D
You’re in Cali ya?

Yes. Longer post coming (I saved it as a draft, now trying to find it)

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Ready for some bike p*rn? I took a picture of Vance the owner of Cupertino Cycles with my new size 56 teal frame.

I can't figure out now how to insert the image directly (although I have done that in the past), but I posted it to Instagram. It's the most recent picture under my user name stendhal.ca (ignore the f-a-t one before it!)

I'll keep trying to insert directly -- I want to send this out now first so I do not lost the content

Now for the truly great part -- Vance weighed it. As you can see from the picture (sic), we left some of the foam covers on. Also, the thru axles were on. It looks like the bottom gravel guard (per rasyad, 55g) also was on. So I expected a high number. Vance weighed it: 2.12. I thought, "2.12 kg, gee that's high even with the thru axles." The scale, however, was in pounds. That works out to 961 grams. Even if the scale was off, and this is a #1 class shop, it'd have to be w-a-y off to produce a weighty result.

Current estimate of the final build (w/ size 35 tires and Easton EC90C 46-30 cranks) is a featherweight 7.456 kg = 16.44 pounds. Yowza!

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Stendhal wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:24 am
Ready for some bike p*rn? I took a picture of Vance the owner of Cupertino Cycles with my new size 56 teal frame.

I can't figure out now how to insert the image directly (although I have done that in the past), but I posted it to Instagram. It's the most recent picture under my user name stendhal.ca (ignore the f-a-t one before it!)

I'll keep trying to insert directly -- I want to send this out now first so I do not lost the content

Now for the truly great part -- Vance weighed it. As you can see from the picture (sic), we left some of the foam covers on. Also, the thru axles were on. It looks like the bottom gravel guard (per rasyad, 55g) also was on. So I expected a high number. Vance weighed it: 2.12. I thought, "2.12 kg, gee that's high even with the thru axles." The scale, however, was in pounds. That works out to 961 grams. Even if the scale was off, and this is a #1 class shop, it'd have to be w-a-y off to produce a weighty result.

Current estimate of the final build (w/ size 35 tires and Easton EC90C 46-30 cranks) is a featherweight 7.456 kg = 16.44 pounds. Yowza!
OK, here's the URL to the Instagram picture

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1SwU6iFDwA/

by Weenie

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Stendhal wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:27 am
Stendhal wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:24 am

OK, here's the URL to the Instagram picture

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1SwU6iFDwA/
I was in a hurry (shop was closing) so I did not have a chance to check something out -- Vance said that the frame is different in the sunlight, the highlights stand out or something (did not have a chance to test). Perhaps something like this (which I sprayed on the Ibis Hakka frame that will now be for sale cheap):

https://spraybike.us/collections/all-co ... blue-200ml