Cervelo Áspero Gravel bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

TTRV

by TTRV

fa63 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:59 pm
Anybody know if the 51 cm frameset comes with a setback or non-setback seatpost? Also, what is the stem length on the 51?
Mine had a 10mm setback and a 80mm stem.

rawjunk

by rawjunk

I'm switching cranks from Apex1 to Rotor Power2max edition cranks(24mm), so I changed stock bb bearings to 24x37x7mm bearings. NDS bearing sits so deep, I'm not sure if it can work :? Did I order wrong bearings?

Edit: I just measured stock nds bearing, it's 22x37x9mm. Rotor manual recommends 2mm o-rings on both sides. This is not looking good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scoobydrew

by scoobydrew

I'm building up an Aspero with 2x11 GRX Di2. This is my first experience with Di2, so I've read through Terry's site to learn about it.

However, I have some questions specific to the Aspero.:
1. How are you guys "storing" the Junction B (SM-JC41) box inside your bike? Inside the downtube wrapped with some foam?
2. What E-tube wire lengths are you running for each leg? I realize this is not only specific to bike frame and handlebar size, but also how the wires are connected. Looking to just get some numbers to compare.

At the bars, I'm planning on running a wire from one shifter to the other. Then a short wire from the right shifter to the bar end Junction A (EW-RS910). From there, I would run a long wire from the bar into the downtube where Junction B (SM-JC41) is. With the other 3 ports, I'd run wires to the battery (seatpost), front mech, and rear mech.

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

rawjunk wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:06 pm
I'm switching cranks from Apex1 to Rotor Power2max edition cranks(24mm), so I changed stock bb bearings to 24x37x7mm bearings. NDS bearing sits so deep, I'm not sure if it can work :? Did I order wrong bearings?

Edit: I just measured stock nds bearing, it's 22x37x9mm. Rotor manual recommends 2mm o-rings on both sides. This is not looking good.

Maybe try it with a couple of 1mm crank spacers to take up the slack. Does the Rotor P2M crank use their preload adjuster or not?

rawjunk

by rawjunk

Tifosiphil wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:03 am
Maybe try it with a couple of 1mm crank spacers to take up the slack. Does the Rotor P2M crank use their preload adjuster or not?
According to manual it has the preload adjuster. I was supposed to get my power meter today, but no sign yet, so I don't how many spacers are included. Hopefully I can my bike rideable at least :)

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

rawjunk wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:34 am
Tifosiphil wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:03 am
According to manual it has the preload adjuster. I was supposed to get my power meter today, but no sign yet, so I don't how many spacers are included. Hopefully I can my bike rideable at least :)
On my 3D+ Rotor PM they recommend adding a 0.5mm spacer either side and then taking up the rest of the slack with the preload adjusted so hopefully you should be fine as my crank included 5 spacers.

If not Wheels MFG do a pack of 10 for around $10

itapersita

by itapersita

I own a Aspero frame and I am slowly mounting the bike as soon as some component arrive. Today I received the wheels and I would like to know if it's normal that the scree/unscrew side of the thru axle is different between the front and rear.

It's the first time with a disc wheel bike so maybe it's just I am not used to this new thing. I attach a picture so you can understand better.Image

Inviato dal mio Mi A3 utilizzando Tapatalk

StevieB

by StevieB

No worries, that is normal.

RobJ

by RobJ

So what is the consensus on the largest 1x chainring on the Aspero? Both for round and also for oval? Crank is an EC90 SL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 BMC TeamMachine SLR 01

gSporco

by gSporco

RobJ wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:52 pm
So what is the consensus on the largest 1x chainring on the Aspero? Both for round and also for oval? Crank is an EC90 SL.

On my Aspero, running Sram AXS, using Red AXS 1x, the largest I am able to get is 44t..
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

RobJ

by RobJ

gSporco wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:05 pm
RobJ wrote:

On my Aspero, running Sram AXS, using Red AXS 1x, the largest I am able to get is 44t..
Thanks! Is that round or oval? Not sure that makes a difference but have seen people post different results with one versus the other.
2020 BMC TeamMachine SLR 01

gSporco

by gSporco

RobJ wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:00 pm
gSporco wrote:
RobJ wrote:

Thanks! Is that round or oval? Not sure that makes a difference but have seen people post different results with one versus the other.
I am only using round. I think oval max will be 42T
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

itapersita

by itapersita

gSporco wrote:
RobJ wrote:

Damn... I was sure I could go with a 46t. I saw people going with a compact 50-34, why this? I have the same crankset of yours, SRAM red dub but I am waiting for other components of the transmission.

gSporco

by gSporco

itapersita wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:30 pm
gSporco wrote:
RobJ wrote:

Damn... I was sure I could go with a 46t. I saw people going with a compact 50-34, why this? I have the same crankset of yours, SRAM red dub but I am waiting for other components of the transmission.
I guess you could make it work, but you will need a few spacers and then your chain angle for the big cogs will be even sharper.. So basically you will have a better chain angle on the fast gears and a crappier chain angle on the climbing gears.

With my Sram 44T with the Quarq PM DuB spider I have .5mm clearance, if I flex it enough Ill get the Chainring rubbing my protective tape on the outer chainstay.
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

itapersita

by itapersita

gSporco wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:45 pm
itapersita wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:30 pm
gSporco wrote:
RobJ wrote:

I guess you could make it work, but you will need a few spacers and then your chain angle for the big cogs will be even sharper.. So basically you will have a better chain angle on the fast gears and a crappier chain angle on the climbing gears.

With my Sram 44T with the Quarq PM DuB spider I have .5mm clearance, if I flex it enough Ill get the Chainring rubbing my protective tape on the outer chainstay.

Honestly I didn't know this, I have my excel file with the calculation in order to understand the gear ratio I have to use and I came out with a 46 and 10-36, since I mostly go on road and I wanted my bike to look similar to my canyon ultimate. But I guess it doesn't change too much between a 44 and a 46. The alternative is to go 2x

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com