Cervelo Áspero Gravel bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

gSporco

by gSporco

vanmatthew wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:43 pm
Oh yeah. That makes sense. I don't know what I was thinking.
Well over at the Strada build thread on going there were some who were able to come up with a creative solution for semi internal routing. I haven't checked, but if the Aspero fork steerer is hollow all the way through, the the FSA AcR can be used tonrout the front brake internally however routing the back brake internally would take aome fabrication work that would void the warranty and most likely comprise the frame integrity
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Well owning this bike is becoming an addiction. Added Zipp 303 FC. The shop that built those had GRX Di2 that was ordered for someone that went with SRAM. So I snatched that up to replace the Apex 1x. I was missing the tight gearing climbing. Bought the specialized Roval Terra post, that made a huge difference in ride quality. Found some Shimano RX8 shoes in silver cammo that fit better then I expected. Just ordered a Kogal BB and some oversized ceramic jockey wheels. Just need to decide on the bars. I like the eastons but may try some normal Ritchey bars I had laying around I bought a size too big years ago. Lol I am a mess. I love this stupid bike haha...

bet609

by bet609

aspero 5 is listed in uci approved frames. anyone knows details aboit this?

gSporco

by gSporco

bet609 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:36 am
Rumor is that it will be a fully cable integrated Gravel bike.. Hopefully the Geo stays racy like it is... and im sure we will see more aero tubing.. pretty much the trend for everybike as they are ll starting to look the same
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

Peter_E

by Peter_E

gSporco wrote:
bet609 wrote:
Rumor is that it will be a fully cable integrated Gravel bike.. Hopefully the Geo stays racy like it is... and im sure we will see more aero tubing.. pretty much the trend for everybike as they are ll starting to look the same
If it’s like caledonia and caledonia 5 it could be the same frame shape but higher grade carbon and internal routing

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

StevieB

by StevieB

gSporco wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:14 pm
bet609 wrote:
UCI approved it back in October of '19, nine months after they homologated the original Aspero, so Cervelo had to have sent a full scale frame to the UCI before that. All their other bikes are designated "Series" and "5", so safe to expect it to have similar differences to the others. Lighter, more integrated, more aero, but same geo. I'm inclined to think we'd have already seen it save for the pandemic, which threw a wrench into many a product plan. I think we'll probably see it when 12spd Shimano breaks cover. Which begs the question; 12spd GRX inbound? 8)

SB

bet609

by bet609

gSporco wrote:
bet609 wrote:
i hope it has similar geo with the current aspero (like Cal and Cal5).

but it is also possible that they make it as CX bike?

gSporco

by gSporco

bet609 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:36 am
gSporco wrote:
bet609 wrote:
i hope it has similar geo with the current aspero (like Cal and Cal5).

but it is also possible that they make it as CX bike?
Yeah CX focused version for the Jumbo Visma team maybe a possibility. And I do hope they keep the Geo racy otherwise my next gravel race bike in a few years will not be the new Aspero. Plus i just love this one ao damn much
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Looking back through some parts of this thread it seems that while you’re not meant to fit 50/34 compact rings on the Aspero some people have although they look like they got some scratches from mud etc.

Just wondering what the consensus is on this. Is it a don’t go there or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maquisard

by maquisard

It will be interesting. Perhaps the normal Aspero will be a gravel bike and Aspero 5 be similar but with a CX focus.

A new R-series and R5 will be released soon as well. It looks similar to existing R-series but with integrated/hidden cables cockpit like the Caledonia. It is also likely that R, S and P series will be given a name like the Aspero and Caledonia have for A and C series bicycles.

TTRV

by TTRV

cunn1n9 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:42 am
Looking back through some parts of this thread it seems that while you’re not meant to fit 50/34 compact rings on the Aspero some people have although they look like they got some scratches from mud etc.

Just wondering what the consensus is on this. Is it a don’t go there or not?
It might depend on the crankset. I fitted my FSA powerbox with 2mm of spacers on the spindle to be consistent with the GRX chainline and I end up with about 4mm of clearance, which seems enough for me.

It's not easy to show on a photo but you might be able to see:

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Wolftooth makes rings for GRX with a 50mm chainline like original GRX. Anybodu tried fitting a 44 or 46 of those on the Aspero?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

bet609

by bet609

maquisard wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:07 am
It will be interesting. Perhaps the normal Aspero will be a gravel bike and Aspero 5 be similar but with a CX focus.

A new R-series and R5 will be released soon as well. It looks similar to existing R-series but with integrated/hidden cables cockpit like the Caledonia. It is also likely that R, S and P series will be given a name like the Aspero and Caledonia have for A and C series bicycles.
nice. recently checked UCI approved list. only aspero5 and r5 are listed but no r series yet. would r series be released with r5? like the s3 / s5?

gSporco

by gSporco

bet609 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:19 pm
maquisard wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:07 am

nice. recently checked UCI approved list. only aspero5 and r5 are listed but no r series yet. would r series be released with r5? like the s3 / s5?
Yes , i think Cervelo typically release the entire series at once so we will see a complete R series then an A series just do not know which will come first
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

compasserror

by compasserror

I finally got my Aspero GRX 1 a few weeks ago (ordered in November) and have been enjoying the 48mm tires on just about anything. It can handle really rough singletrack but not well enough to keep riding those trails on purpose, so I want to swap the barely-functioning dropper for a normal seatpost. Is there really any difference in comfort with all the aftermarket carbon seatposts? Has anyone swapped the stock EC70 post for Enve, Whisky, Syntace, Niner, etc and noticed a difference? I'm not really interested in a suspension seatpost either.

Size 56:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com