2020 Cannondale Topstone - Carbon

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

rides4beer wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:23 pm
Odd that they would reduce tire clearance with the new version. No pivot point at the BB, so the rear just flexes 30mm, interesting.
My Cannondale Scalpel has been flexing 80mm with no pivots at the BB or the dropouts for over ten years, it won't be an issue.

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

Apparently it flexes 30mm "at the saddle"

So this just sounds like a slightly fancy name for compliance

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/cann ... bon-427863
2017 Giant TCR Disc
2015 Giant TCX
2016 Cube Stereo 140

by Weenie

bartdk

by bartdk

Too bad they haven't released the ALU versions of the new Topstone. I wanted to get me one to ride to work in the summer and some longer trips in the weekend, but the current version are all sold out. I don't think they'll appear in store before end-Summer. The carbon version is a bit too expensive to use as a commuter...

CoopersCup

by CoopersCup

I got mine yesterday. Swapped from the 2019 aluminium 105 version. SO much better to ride imo. & it's way faster. Really pleased with it.

cerro

by cerro

Anyone really tried the Topstone Carbon as a roadbike with other riders on roadbikes? How is it? Can it be an everything bike with a couple of wheelsets or a bit too slow for keeping up with fast roadriders?
/jonas l
http://cerrol.wordpress.com (my cyclingblog)

Hoven

by Hoven

Someone who bought it and can tell me if there is a lower headsetcover under the cone or can tell me one with the right diameter :D

Can’t wait to get it!