2020 Cannondale Topstone - Carbon

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hoven

by Hoven

Du you guys think this would work as a Cx aswell?

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

cerro wrote:TurboKoo: Size? Did you weigh the frame just?
Unfortunately I was too eager to put it together so I didn’t put it on scale.
It’s medium size.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Hoven wrote:Du you guys think this would work as a Cx aswell?
I bought it to replace my Boone and I do race CX. I have done only few rides on it but it feels good, actually rear end grip is much better. Only thing at the moment is that it feels slightly different but not in a bad way.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

Hoven

by Hoven

TurboKoo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:42 am
Hoven wrote:Du you guys think this would work as a Cx aswell?
I bought it to replace my Boone and I do race CX. I have done only few rides on it but it feels good, actually rear end grip is much better. Only thing at the moment is that it feels slightly different but not in a bad way.
Sounds great! Have a pair Ai dished Cx-tubulars from my old superX I can use :D

KittenRidesBikes

by KittenRidesBikes

TurboKoo wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:10 pm
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Awesome build!

Also thinking of ordering myself one and throwing my di2 parts on there. The frame doesnt have di2 specfic routing right?

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

It’s kind of like semi supported as cables exit under bb and then are external under chainstay.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

morrisond

by morrisond

Do you really have to run Ai dished wheels? Those DA wheels above don't look dished.

Is this only with a 1x Crank - if you run a 2x (FSA 386EVO SL-K 46-30) can you get away with no dish?

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I redished rear wheel on R9170C40-TL wheels. Quite easy and it probably takes 5-10 minutes.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

KittenRidesBikes

by KittenRidesBikes

TurboKoo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:06 pm
I redished rear wheel on R9170C40-TL wheels. Quite easy and it probably takes 5-10 minutes.
One More Question for you bud. What bottom Bracket did you end up using to get the Shimano Cranks to work?

trex

by trex

@TurboKoo

How the heck were you able to fit Shimano crankset on 83mm BB?
I thought the only options are: Canondale cranks and Sram DUB?
TurboKoo wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:10 pm
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I’m using Shimano pressfit BB and needed to put 1mm spacer on drive side to avoid hitting crank on chainstay. NDS is really tight but removing bolts I was able to put pin down to hole and then just tightened bolts. Maybe not best solution in total but has been working whole winter. I do have GRX cranks otherwise chainring would hit frame.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

Lynet

by Lynet

Total newbie in the world of gravel/CX-bikes here. I ride a 56 SystemSix and Caad12 - both with near-slammed 140mm -17 degree stems. I have roughly 80cm from middle of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat.

Looking at the charts, the large Topstone Carbon seem to be way too high (stack is 50mm higher!) but I'm worried that a medium might come up a bit on the short side if I also need to have a shorter stem to have a better handling. What would you do? Get the medium or the large? Bike is going to be ridden mainly on gravel and road but might also want to dabble with af bit of CX racing...the latter might influence the bike choice (size of the front triangle re carrying the bike).

dmason

by dmason

Lynet wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:44 pm
Total newbie in the world of gravel/CX-bikes here. I ride a 56 SystemSix and Caad12 - both with near-slammed 140mm -17 degree stems. I have roughly 80cm from middle of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat.

Looking at the charts, the large Topstone Carbon seem to be way too high (stack is 50mm higher!) but I'm worried that a medium might come up a bit on the short side if I also need to have a shorter stem to have a better handling. What would you do? Get the medium or the large? Bike is going to be ridden mainly on gravel and road but might also want to dabble with af bit of CX racing...the latter might influence the bike choice (size of the front triangle re carrying the bike).
Definately a medium, I'm 79.6cm from middle of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat and ride a 56 on the road, with the slack geo the Medium fits me well.

Kingstonian

by Kingstonian

Lynet wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:44 pm

I'm looking at the medium, almost certainly will need to swap the stem out for something longer to get my desired position. I currently have a CAADX and have messed around with it for 4 years trying to get the right position and never quite managed it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wildh

by Wildh

I'm super confused on the bb30a business... Is it possible to use a Shimano 105 2x crank on the topstone Carbon? I have one with a PM and am looking at this bike.