Rose Pro Sl or BMC Roadmachine X

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

StellarPatellar

by StellarPatellar

I have a BMC RM03 running 28mm tubless tires on carbon rims and it rides extremely well over any kind of rough tarmac and could probably be fine on gravel depending on the graveliness. Not sure what the dimensions are on the Rose, but the Rose could be more aggressive than the BMC RM03. At least for me, on a size 58, the fit of the BMC RM03 is not particularly aggressive with regard to saddle/handlebar drop, even with the stem upside down and slammed. However, it's a great bike, if not the lightest.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hex

by Hex

Ettore wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:04 am
You can buy my Roadmachine 03 ONE in size 51, but you'll have to come to Switzerland to pick it up :D
Thanks for the offer!
I got an eye on a roadmachine x second hand already!
I'm sort of hesitating because I want to run my 28c Veloflexes on it, and comfort is my main issue with my current bike. I don't know if I want to go with another alloy frame anymore.
Looking at planet x titanium now...

Hex

by Hex

StellarPatellar wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:41 pm
I have a BMC RM03 running 28mm tubless tires on carbon rims and it rides extremely well over any kind of rough tarmac and could probably be fine on gravel depending on the graveliness. Not sure what the dimensions are on the Rose, but the Rose could be more aggressive than the BMC RM03. At least for me, on a size 58, the fit of the BMC RM03 is not particularly aggressive with regard to saddle/handlebar drop, even with the stem upside down and slammed. However, it's a great bike, if not the lightest.
I take it your 28s run about 30mm wide?
The Rose would def be the more aggressive the frame. I've seen the numbers and looks like a 51 on either means the Rose being the "racier" ride.
The roadmachine I was offered weights 8kg with some custom built wheels, red mechanical and some carbon bits and bobs here and there.
How does that sound for weight on that frame?

JoO

by JoO

Numb hands are often a sign of too much pressure on the wrists. What is the tilt angle of your saddle? Per hams it is tilted too much down. This would have you wrists preventing you sliding down.

Hex

by Hex

Saddle is levelled. So, no slipping forwards

StellarPatellar

by StellarPatellar

Hex wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:13 pm
StellarPatellar wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:41 pm
I take it your 28s run about 30mm wide?
The Rose would def be the more aggressive the frame. I've seen the numbers and looks like a 51 on either means the Rose being the "racier" ride.
The roadmachine I was offered weights 8kg with some custom built wheels, red mechanical and some carbon bits and bobs here and there.
How does that sound for weight on that frame?
Yeah the 28s run about that big. That weight sounds about right for the RM03 with custom wheels and red mechanical. frame. That's way lighter than mine (58cm, full Tiagra, Hunt Aerowide 50 wheels).