Considering Bianchi Zolder pro or Colnago Prestige

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Both of these frames can be had for well under $2k. Anyone with experience riding one or both of these bikes? The bike will be used mostly for training, inclement weather, and some gravel rides. No racing.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simoncx

by simoncx

Which model year zolder are you looking at because the 2018 and earlier disc zolder is pretty much a fuji altamira cx, if you look at the design and geo it's the same. I know they changed the frame for 2019 but I haven't seen the specs for the new one. I cant say anything bad about the earlier frame, I have 3 of them(fuji disc altamira) 2 built as cx bikes and one as a road/gravel bike, for a cx bike it handles very well as a road/gravel bike. Currently I have mine setup with road gearing and 32mm gravelking(slick) and it is very fast, super smooth and stable the only thing is it wont handle some of the big gravel tires because it really isnt designed to run 40-42mm tires.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

simoncx wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:14 pm
Which model year zolder are you looking at because the 2018 and earlier disc zolder is pretty much a fuji altamira cx, if you look at the design and geo it's the same. I know they changed the frame for 2019 but I haven't seen the specs for the new one. I cant say anything bad about the earlier frame, I have 3 of them(fuji disc altamira) 2 built as cx bikes and one as a road/gravel bike, for a cx bike it handles very well as a road/gravel bike. Currently I have mine setup with road gearing and 32mm gravelking(slick) and it is very fast, super smooth and stable the only thing is it wont handle some of the big gravel tires because it really isnt designed to run 40-42mm tires.
Im looking at the 2019 Zolder pro with thru-axle and internal cable routing.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

grooveninja

by grooveninja

Have you found the specs for 2019 Zolder pro? I am curious about geometry and tire clearance.

kgbianchi

by kgbianchi

I am Curious which frames set you decided to go with. I am interested in details on the new Zolder Pro.

lisu

by lisu

simoncx wrote:
2018 and earlier disc zolder is pretty much a fuji altamira cx, if you look at the design and geo it's the same.
Wow, didn't know that. Is the frame mold the same or just geo is quite similar? What year of altamira cx?

simoncx

by simoncx

lisu wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:16 pm
simoncx wrote:
2018 and earlier disc zolder is pretty much a fuji altamira cx, if you look at the design and geo it's the same.
Wow, didn't know that. Is the frame mold the same or just geo is quite similar? What year of altamira cx?
Same mold and geo, just different paint jobs until 2017 the 2018 on is a different frame. Mine is a 2017 and the other is 2015 or 16 I think, but other then paint there the same frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ponchoarroyo

by ponchoarroyo

Still going strong

https://youtu.be/NGSvbdMgSz4