Sram AXS eTap Road Shifters with Eagle AXS MTB Derailleur?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

cyclecam99

by cyclecam99

jbattermann wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 am
cyclecam99 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:51 am
How about a gravel bike 1x12 with following ...

Easton EC90SL crankset - 175m 44 direct mount
Sram Force AXS levers & brakes
Sram Eagle AXS XG-1299 Cassette 10-50
Sram Eagle AXS X01 Rear Mech
Sram Eagle AXS XX1 Chain

This would all work together right ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep.. I‘m already running a XX1 Chain with my EC90SL crankset & chainrings & Sram confirmed You can do 10-50 back and up to 50 front.. given your chain is long enough. Just need to make sure the rear drivetrain (derailleur, cassette) & chain are either completly eTap Axs or completely Eagle Axs and you‘re good to go.. which you did.. so 👍🏻

So at the moment I'd have to buy a Force AXS kit plus an Eagle AXS kit then end up with a spare Eagle Crankset & Force rear mech ..... Sounding too expensive ..... might just wack on Shimano 105 for winter to get the build done and then reassess in 9 months

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jbattermann

by jbattermann

cyclecam99 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:12 am
jbattermann wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 am
cyclecam99 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:51 am
How about a gravel bike 1x12 with following ...

Easton EC90SL crankset - 175m 44 direct mount
Sram Force AXS levers & brakes
Sram Eagle AXS XG-1299 Cassette 10-50
Sram Eagle AXS X01 Rear Mech
Sram Eagle AXS XX1 Chain

This would all work together right ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep.. I‘m already running a XX1 Chain with my EC90SL crankset & chainrings & Sram confirmed You can do 10-50 back and up to 50 front.. given your chain is long enough. Just need to make sure the rear drivetrain (derailleur, cassette) & chain are either completly eTap Axs or completely Eagle Axs and you‘re good to go.. which you did.. so 👍🏻

So at the moment I'd have to buy a Force AXS kit plus an Eagle AXS kit then end up with a spare Eagle Crankset & Force rear mech ..... Sounding too expensive ..... might just wack on Shimano 105 for winter to get the build done and then reassess in 9 months
Yeah you can save a little when you get the Eagle AXS Essential kit (comes with just the derailleur, battery+charger, controller and installation tools and without the crank/cassette/chain etc).. but in my case I got the eTap AXS 1x Upgrade kit.. and now got a spare eTap derailleur. Which is fine for me given my old eTap derailleur failed at one point so I consider that one a hot spare for now...

cyclecam99

by cyclecam99

Passed on Sram doing a Shimano Di2 build now mixture of Ultegra & XTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmCube

by bmCube

spdntrxi wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:36 am
anyone know largest tire size (width) you can run with 2x, I heard battery location might be improved over eTap
1. 700c
2. 650b
I have an open u.p. with 2x11 etap. Tires are WTB nano 700x40C, who measure 42mm on my wheels and have around 4mm clearance with my battery. That's more than my tire has with the seat tube :twisted: