7 speed mix and match in 2019

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

can i mix Altus 7 speed with Tourney 7 speed components. i have an entry level mountain bike that has altus 7 speed with revoshift but i want to convert it to drop bar with Tourney A070. i.e. Altus cassette, RD, chain then swap the shifter for Tourney ST-A070? does that work? thanks.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

WorkonSunday wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:09 am
can i mix Altus 7 speed with Tourney 7 speed components. i have an entry level mountain bike that has altus 7 speed with revoshift but i want to convert it to drop bar with Tourney A070. i.e. Altus cassette, RD, chain then swap the shifter for Tourney ST-A070? does that work? thanks.
acutally....found the answer im after. i think road and mtb both have the same cable pull for 7 speed. https://www.artscyclery.com/science-beh ... atibility/
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen: