Maximum tire size on 2019 Giant TCX?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I'm possibly interested in buying a 2019 Giant TCX Advanced Pro 2. How wide can I go on the tires?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

The 2018 TCX Advanced SX came with 40c Maxxis Ramblers so unless there is significant changes to the tyre clearance between the lower level Advanced SX and the Advanced Pro something that size should fit. https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/tcx-advanced-sx-2018

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Petterii

by Petterii

In my "018 TCX Advanced SX there´s plenty of clearance in front. I ride 50x700 mm Schwalbe Marathon Winter in front and 42x700 mm in back at the moment. I live in Finland. In front there´s room for 52-53 mm tire, in back you could fit a 47 mm tire. That´s real measurement. Not factory.

fa63

by fa63

There is a video on YouTube of someone fitting fat tires to a TCX Advanced. I think it was 53mm up front, and 50mm in the back (though the back seemed a bit tighter than I prefer).

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I just would like to mount a pair of 43mm Panaracer SK Gravelkings. Love these tires on my current gravel bike. Thanks for the info!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt