Challenge Strada Bianca TLR Reviews

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

FreeZ

by FreeZ

Any real world measurements with new Strada Bianca Pro with id19 rim?

Going with 36 if true or undersized.. otherwise 30mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

renoracing

by renoracing

On a 19mm internal they'd run a little under 36mm.... There is a 33mm option now, so no need to drop all the way down to a 30. I've got a set on my Allied Allroad and they're phenomenal!

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Didn't manage to get it to seal, threw them out after 2 hours of trying 😂.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

zmjones

by zmjones

i'm running the 36mm htlr version and find them quite nice and think i'll probably get another pair when these wear out. a bit of a pain to get on the rim initially but tubeless setup wasn't hard once on the rim. about 38mm measured on a lightbicycle wr38 rim. have found them pretty tough also. run from 35-50psi depending on application.

FreeZ

by FreeZ

renoracing wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:45 pm
On a 19mm internal they'd run a little under 36mm.... There is a 33mm option now, so no need to drop all the way down to a 30. I've got a set on my Allied Allroad and they're phenomenal!
I can´t find that option from Challenge website. Have any more info about that?

emotive

by emotive

FreeZ wrote:
renoracing wrote:
Bikebug https://www.bikebug.com/challenge-stra ... -tyre.html in Australia has all 4 sizes available.

emotive

by emotive

FreeZ wrote:
renoracing wrote:
Bikebug has all 4 sizes available

https://www.bikebug.com/challenge-strad ... -tyre.html

Miller

by Miller

A wet Sunday here so I built my new wheels and mounted a pair of (deep breath) Challenge Strada Bianca Pro TLR 30mm on them. I thought I was handy at mounting tubeless tyres but at first I wondered if I'd even bought the right size. It was a struggle. Pro tip was given earlier in this topic, be sure to lubricate the beads with soapy water or, in my case, muc-off. Once the tyres were in place they inflated easily with a track pump. Deflated, they lie totally flat against the rim. I haven't ridden these at all yet but they do look pretty.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Heh, yep, Challenge tires are still...a challenge to mount. It's even worse with the narrower versions. Probably the most durable of the non-vulcanized "open tubular" TLR tires. Also thirsty af. Keep an eye on the sealant level. My 25mm Strada Pros absorbed 40mL of sealant in 5 weeks.

Miller

by Miller

I suspected that so I've lobbed in 60ml of sealant. Anyway, looking forward to finding out what these wheels & tyres are like to ride.

emotive

by emotive

They are pretty. How wide do they measure once mounted, and what is your internal wheel width?

ms6073

by ms6073

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:25 pm
Challenge tires are still...a challenge to mount. It's even worse with the narrower versions. Also thirsty af. Keep an eye on the sealant level. My 25mm Strada Pros absorbed 40mL of sealant in 5 weeks.
I did not have as much of a problem with the Challenge Strada HTLR tires in 30mm but I found that by opting for the high TPI, I got a nice rolling tire but it came at the cost of short tread life as the center heringbone pattern was worn slick on my rear tire in less than 1250 miles of use. Interestingly I am currently riding the vulcanized version which obviosuly is not as nice a ride and were a pain to get sealed for the long haul as I ended up retaping my wheels with MucOff's tape but these tires also seem to have a thirst for sealant.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Miller

by Miller

emotive wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:56 am
They are pretty. How wide do they measure once mounted, and what is your internal wheel width?
They're 31mm width when inflated. The nextie hookless rims are 25mm internal. Probably too wide in theory for a 30mm tyre but I'll see how it goes.

emotive

by emotive

Miller wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:04 pm
emotive wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:56 am
They're 31mm width when inflated. The nextie hookless rims are 25mm internal. Probably too wide in theory for a 30mm tyre but I'll see how it goes.
Thanks. I have been running 31mm measured (28mm Vittoria Corsa TLR 2.0) on a 25mm ID hooked rim for 18 months, so I'm comfortable with that stance.

Miller

by Miller

Cheers, that's good to know.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com