Gravel bikes/frames with full internal cable routing

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

DJT21

by DJT21

I'm not after something niche/custom/expensive, just something off the shelf.
The Trek Checkpoint is close, but the cables are exposed along the chainstays.
Focus bikes appear to have full internal routing, but they don't make a Gravel bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Carbonda CFR505 is fully internal I think

cerro

by cerro

Specialized Diverge. The carbon version got them integrated all the way, the alu versions outside the chainstays.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

My new favourite is the Basso Palta - maybe a bit on the expensive side, even frame only (but think comes with seatpost and stem). Also dedicated 1x but think it is a great looking bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlphaDogCycling

by AlphaDogCycling

Parlee Chebacco

Haute Route Ambassador- ask me how to have one of the greatest experiences of your life

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

AlphaDogCycling wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:04 am
Parlee Chebacco

Haute Route Ambassador- ask me how to have one of the greatest experiences of your life
I'll add Parlee XD
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

NickJHP

by NickJHP

Kinesis Tripster ATR has internal cable routing...

DJT21

by DJT21

Thanks for the ideas, most are too expensive unfortunately.
Zakalwe wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:45 pm
Carbonda CFR505 is fully internal I think
This looks promising though; do have you any personal experience with this frame?

The geometry is close to what I want, as this'll also be a bike used for road duties.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

There’s a few people here with one, seem to be well received. Done a bit of research, there’s a few threads on various forums. I’m in the process of ordering one at the moment, it’s all been straightforward so far

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 8&start=30

There’s a few posts in that thread. I was also looking at a Workswell gravel frame, but the fork was only 15mm axles I think for the one I liked. Manufacturing quality of the Carbonda is allegedly better than most other open mould Chinese frames as well. We’ll see how it turns out, painted and with seatpost, HS and axles works out to 500 quid

DJT21

by DJT21

Zakalwe wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:27 am
There’s a few people here with one, seem to be well received. Done a bit of research, there’s a few threads on various forums. I’m in the process of ordering one at the moment, it’s all been straightforward so far

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 8&start=30

There’s a few posts in that thread. I was also looking at a Workswell gravel frame, but the fork was only 15mm axles I think for the one I liked. Manufacturing quality of the Carbonda is allegedly better than most other open mould Chinese frames as well. We’ll see how it turns out, painted and with seatpost, HS and axles works out to 500 quid
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. With regards to the internal routing, do you know if it uses full length outers, or are the outers only between the shifters & mechs and the cable entry/exit ports i.e. exposed inners inside the frame?

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

From what I can glean from online pictures, the brake housings are full length for obvious reasons, and gear cables are housed to the entry points only. If you do a google image search you can see the cable guides in place, with large hose for the brake housing and thin hose for gear cables.

I’m no expert though, I’ve not yet handled one of these. There are users here who own one though

dang3rtown

by dang3rtown

The Orbea Terra has good clearance, a very clean look and full, internal routing. The M31d is a complete 1X build at $2999

DJT21

by DJT21

dang3rtown wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:30 pm
The Orbea Terra has good clearance, a very clean look and full, internal routing. The M31d is a complete 1X build at $2999
Really like that, although sadly it's too expensive and I can't imagine one coming up used any time soon.

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

Giant TCX advanced
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

mr4fox

by mr4fox

my new ICAN GRA 02 has full internal cable routing and so far im well impressed with the quality. only had a couple weeks though so have only ridden it on Snow and asphalt but so far im loving it!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com