TCX Crank Power Meter Clearance

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

d36

by d36

I recently bought a 2017 tcx frame to build up.

Ebay has a 10% off coupon so im tempted to buy a power meter (expires soon).
Only problem is that the bb I ordered hasnt arrived yet and the chainstay clearance looks really tight.
I wont be able to accurately measure the gap until I chuck in the bottom bracket.

Ive seen photos of people with stages but has anyone here used a pioneer or 4iiii pm?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

d36 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:44 am

Only problem is that the bb I ordered hasnt arrived yet and the chainstay clearance looks really tight.
I wont be able to accurately measure the gap until I chuck in the bottom bracket.

Ive seen photos of people with stages but has anyone here used a pioneer or 4iiii pm?
I've just finished building my 2015 tcx (dont think the frame has changed except for rear axle) and the clearance is indeed tight.

I'm a stages user, but I know that 4iii recommend using a AAA battery as a test for clearance. I can do that for you tonight when I get home.
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

d36

by d36

onemanpeloton wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:20 pm
d36 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:44 am

I've just finished building my 2015 tcx (dont think the frame has changed except for rear axle) and the clearance is indeed tight.

I'm a stages user, but I know that 4iii recommend using a AAA battery as a test for clearance. I can do that for you tonight when I get home.
all good

managed to find someone that had a pioneer setup and ending up getting a pio meter (bit cheaper than stages here)
its really close but just fits