1 1/8 straight canti carbon fork options

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mellett68

by mellett68

I'm still racing on my steel is real Charge Filter mid from 2013, I love it too much to replace but won't be looking at a new cx bike for probably a couple of years yet.

One of the places it could desperately lose weight is the fork, which is full steel at the moment.

I've not had much luck tracking down a compatible fork for it without breaking the bank. Are there any decent options out there?

The Whisky no.7 canti looks perfect- it's even got a hole drilled that I can mount my fork canti hanger on- but it's pretty pricey and I can only find it in the UK for around £360.

Otherwise a pretty ordinary set-up, slammed at a giant 23cm steerer length.

joejack951

by joejack951

Cheap, not sure what shipping to the UK would cost: https://www.bikenashbar.com/cycling/nas ... ork-ns-cyf

Ritchey makes some decent canti forks but again UK availability seems non-existent, and they are ~2x the price of the Nashbar.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Do Kinesis still list one?
A mate got hold of one last year.

mellett68

by mellett68

Kinesis forks are tapered only now, no such futuristic technology for me.

I've seen some Ritchey forks go for decent money on eBay but they always seem to have their steerer cut too short for my frame.

euph

by euph

I have an old kinesis one on my commuter. The have massive clearance, alloy dropouts and weigh about 400g if I remember correctly. They are quite flexy though. Rode them very tentatively at first. The Ritchey ones sometimes pop up on eBay. But its a slow hunt. Good luck!

Onandon

by Onandon

See if trigon still make them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com